Like we all know by now, it’s the world cup in football/soccer, hereafter called football.
In that case I have pondered upon the fact why I have disliked football for a while. I couldn’t understand why. I used to play football, and not only that, I used to watch football, I had my favourite teams and so on. I really liked it, but then I suddenly started to dislike it. Why?
I blame my brother, partly, because he was such a HUGE Man U, and Germany fan, that whenever he was to watch a game the rest of the family had to make ourselves scarce. And why? Well, he was acting really mental. Screaming, shouting, crying, jumping up and down, swearing like there was no tomorrow, hitting the chairs, the sofa, the doors, and I could go on… My point is; it was unendurable to us all. Especially since, I was in no hurry to become a Man U or Germany fan.
I remember one year, it was in 1992, and as football fans will remember; Denmark beat Germany in the finals of the European Cup. When this happened, my family was at a Danish camping site, on our way to Germany. My brother watched the game with tons of people whom all cheered for Denmark. So he felt utterly alone and furious when the whole place exploded the minute Denmark’s victory was a fact.
Kinda strange as Denmark actually wasn’t even qualified for the European Cup. They only got to play because a civil war had broken out in Yugoslavia, so the Yugoslavians were shut out.
Ok, so I think the reason why I have disliked football is that I have had “over-too-much” crazed mania of it at home. But I will tell you this; I have started to like it again.
Watched Italy beat The Czech Rep. today. Have seen several more games as well, and my favourite one has to be Argentina versus Serbia and Montenegro, where Argentina won 6-0. The goal made by Cambiasso was nothing short of amazing, mostly because so many passes were made, and just like that, the ball was in the net!
So I am sure that some of my friends will kill me now. But there you go!
I am working out every day, with few exceptions, and I am eating so healthy that I am sure my body is in total shock and disbelief. Carrots and cabbage all the way! Woohoo!
I am very proud of myself, for not sinking into a state of numbness and lack of initiative. You know from being all messed up over the Bob thing. But, I am fighting for my life, literally, so I guess quitting is no option! I am very much up for living at the moment, I have so much I want to do before I am ready to "hee ha" the hell out of here!
I am going to Hege tonight, and tomorrow I am picking up Agnete, my psychologist friend, at the airport. She is coming home from Oslo. Can't wait to see her! We always have million thing to discuss, and I really enjoy spending time with her. As for the weekend; my very good friend Irene, who got married in April, is coming home too. Irene is a teacher, and has a master/major/honours degree in English. (will look up the word...)
Ah! Love the summer! All my good friends come home. So many of my best friends live in either Oslo or Bergen, which is far from here... Blargh! But thank God, I do have vey good friends that live around here too!! :-)
I am shutting up now!
Love and hugs and kisses too, especially to Bob, *lol*.
Monsoon :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment