Christmas is all around… Soon. I don’t really feel all the Christmassy feelings I wish I had, but then; hopefully it will all come to me on the 24th, watching Disney Christmas cartoons and the Czech Cinderella. Yes, like I said before, I do need the childhood stuff to really feel it.
It is always also a time for considering what I have and how to get what I want in my life. In addition a time to think about those who aren’t happy around this time. Many reasons can contribute to that. To be honest I am somewhat “there” myself. Not in the strongest sense, but still… don’t like it though. I think many people experience this. Like you feel every Christmas and New Year is the beginning of something new, with room for hopes, dreams and resolutions to change what we don’t like about our lives.
Boy do I have many aspects I’d die to change. All in due time, that’s all I will say.
Irene came home yesterday, as she is celebrating Christmas with her parents. Her husband is joining her later. She called to me, and we had a fabulous night with chatting and laughs. It was so nice to see her. Tonight Agnete is coming, and I can’t wait to see her. She lives in Oslo, so like so many of my friends; I don’t get to see her that often. I wish more of them lived closer to me. Especially since my best Eva is also moving next year. However; Helene for instance, couldn’t really move here. Being an opera singer kinda requires living somewhere with an opera.
I just have to address one thing that annoys the heck out of me with commercials on TV. I am over-sick by the line every bloody day cream, shampoo, and mascara etc. use. Namely this: “Because you’re worth it” Do they think we’re all gonna “wake up” and run out of the house claiming out rights and screaming – “but I am worth it!!” Do they think they can enhance self confidence this way, or even self worth? No, you don’t! Just because Penelope Cruz says she, and I, are worth it, I don’t believe so. Argh! I don’t know why, but I am just fed up with the whole thing. So shut up!! I won’t ever buy those things, just to spite you. But then that sort of “stubbornness” is typical of me. Like this so-called trend started seemingly by our Crown Princess Mette-Marit. She tied her scarf in a special way, and soon every person of the female gender, wore their scarves like that, be it winter or accessorize scarves. So then, of course I would SO NOT wear mine like that. Why should I have any desire to be just like everybody else? I am after all not everybody else, I am me. Nothing more, but I think it’s enough. *lol*
Monsoon
Bob - The season makes me think even more about him. Bah!
2 comments:
I totally agree! Couldn't put it better than you did! Those Loreal comercials with all those famous chicks telling you how you're worth it - makes me puke! I try to switch to another channel when I see one of those, but they're everywhere providing Loreal has lots of money! Besides, here in France we have other brands which are as famous, but they're cheaper and much MUCH more efficient than Loreal. I used to buy Loreal products all the time, but after testing other brands, I just realize how Loreal sucks. And this comercial - I can't say enough how much I hate it!!!
Funny thing with the scarf - it seems always the way with people. Especially women (sadly). I can't ever understand this longing to copy famous or notorious people! It is so ridiculous. Where's the self respect???
As to your thoughts about Christmas and New Year - in Russia it is a tradition to make some new resolutions for a new year to come. You make a promise to yourself to achieve something (to quit smoking, to learn a language, to find a job etc etc) and then you HAVE to do everything to try to accomplish it in order to have a good year:) So everyone in Russia makes important resolutions on the 31 december:)
hei hei! tar dette på norsk heller... blei bare knoting på engelsk...
Endelig bare en dag igjen! gleder meg som en liten unge til middagen i morgen!
Sitter egentlig med dårlig samvittighet. Sitter å ser på TV-vest.De skal ha innsamlingsakson til en ny by i kenya. det er noe lignende som han derre duden som vant fredsprisen i år. De skal samle inn penger til en bank som igjen skal låne ut penger til damene for å starte egne bedrifter...
Og her sitter vi, nokså blakke for å si det sånn, men vi handler og handler dyrere og dyrer gaver. Til folk som har alt! For å si det på en annen måte, så hadde jeg ikke blitt lei meg eller skuffa hvis jeg hadde fått en julegave der det sto at de hadde gitt penger til diverse organisasjoner. skjønner du hva jeg mener?
Måtte bare få dette ut!
Me snakkes
Post a Comment