Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Big Brother and a bubonic plague

I have to say that I am no fan of reality TV. I think it's the worst kind of TV ever. It makes me angry that these shows even are sent on prime time television. Especially Big Brother. What is it with that show that captures thousands of people? I don't get it. Who wants to fill their minds with garbage? Apparently a shockingly high number of people. I have seen one whole episode of Big Brother, a few years back, because my girlfriend at the time wanted to see what all the fuss was about. We did not see it. We tried very hard, but all we saw was a bunch of girls and boys smoke, drink and get pissed, make out, having insanely boring conversations, showering, and eating. Yes, as exciting as that might sound; it wasn't.

This year in Norwegian/Swedish Big Brother a Swedish girl won. ( I just read it in an online newspaper) She is going to use some of her win to buy new boobs... Sigh...
The girls that were in the house this year all looked like your classic porn star, and from what I've learned their behaviour suited their appearance. Oh my God, I get so upset. Why would one want to be like that on TV? Why would anyone with some intelligence in their brain watch this fecking crap? Why would anyone make television of this? Why!?!?

Have been to school today. Good day, got loads done. Talked to a girl from my math class. She had mailed me yesterday to ask if she could borrow some of my history stuff. When I took history last year I wrote an outline of a lot of the themes we learned about. It was this she wanted to borrow from me. Well not all of them...

"Song is over" is one of my all time favourites by The Who. In the end, in my fav version, they start singing the lyrics from "Pure and easy" , and then those drums... It is just so wonderful that I want to scream out loud when listening to it. Boy do they know how to write music!! But it's a bit sad too. About The Who, I got something in the mail today, to my great surprise, but I will not reveal what it is. I am being secretive for once... I can say that it made me happy, and hopefully it will make someone else smile as well... It could also have the opposite affect, but then; fuck it. What can I do?

A couple of days ago I watched a program on Viasat history. (viasat is one of the suppliers of TV via a parabolic aerial, the other big one is canal digital. I have both...) It was a very good documentary on "The great plague" in London in 1665. Due to the new findings of writings of a very thorough clergyman, historians have been able to put together the story about some families that lived in "Cock and Key Alley". The story had me disgusted, and totally thrilled that I was not living in London at that time. Og dear lord. It was nothing short of vile and groase!! If someone in one house was affected, say the dad, he and the rest of his family would be shut inside their house and left on their own. The house was guarded by the watchman, who prevented anyone to make a run for it. Of course this way almost everyone was affected, and one believes that 100 000 people died. At night men with carriages went around shouting "bring out your dead". It must have been terror! Left to die... Chills... It was a very interesting program indeed!!



This "picture" shows the costume worn by plague doctors to protect against 'miasmas' of poisonous air




Enough jabber. I must be boring you.

Have a nice day all of you!

One more "tiny" comment: Bob is so sexy, and he kills me with all that he is. Aaarrghhh!!!!

Monsoon xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»