Wednesday, May 24, 2006

This made me laugh out loud

I visited this blog today. http://beautifuldayoutside.blogspot.com/ I visit it every day, because I like her writing. It belongs to Martha, who lives on Prince Edward Island in Charlottetown in Canada. Oh my God! Have you seen "Anne of Green Gables" and/or "The road to Avonlea"? Well the were both filmed on PE Island. It looks soo beautiful there that it looks unreal.

Marhta has a link to a page on her blog, and I thought it sounded interesting so I clicked it. It is a page about conversations overheard in New York. It's not only a web page, it's a book as well, and it's been in several newspapers over there. Well, I have to say it made me laugh. This first one I am going to "show" you had me in a loud laugh, and I laughed for five minutes. I don't know why, it was just one of those things I think... When I laugh like that tears run down my cheeks. Ok, here it is:

Woman: Are these Japanese dolls?
Employee: Yes.
Woman: Oh, are you Japanese?
Employee: No.
Woman: Are you sure?

--Union Square

Here's more.

Girl #1: Hey are you going to go see The Da Vinci Code?
Girl #2: Yes! My pastor said it was all right as long as I watched The Passion of the Christ right after.

--Midwood High School
Overheard by: the half Jewish kid in the corner



Girl #1: So the entire time I'm watching this movie, I'm like, what is the Holy Grail? They never explain what it is. And I'm thinking it's probably like, some kind of trophy or something...? Like maybe a fashion trophy...? Or something...?
Girl #2: Uh huh.
Girl #1: Yeah but no, it turns out it actually has to do with like, Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene or something.
Girl #2: So it was like... Jesus's trophy?

--H&M dressing room, 5th Ave


Woman #1: So, you know Tanya...
Woman #2: Yeah, skinny little thing. What a waste of a fuck!

--58th & Madison Overheard by: Tom T


Woman: That movie's so stupid! They got King Kong and the dinosaurs fighting, even though they are from different centuries.

--Mama's Pizza, 106th & Amsterdam Overheard by: Kyle T


Teen girl: You know, I don't think I even believe in dinosaurs.

--Starbucks, Astor Place Overheard by: Paul

So this ws a bit of fun, for me at least. If you want to visit the page for even more, go to:
http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/


I am very happy with myself today. I came home wrecked from school. So incredibly tired. I have huge problems sleeping these days. Oh I wonder why? I am perfectly aware of what is causing this insomnia, and sadly I have to admit that it is Bob. Well, first I'll say this: Like I said I was wrecked, and after climbing the stairs I nearly fell to the ground from exhaustion. I said to my cat: For the love and honour of God, kill me, I am so fucking tired. I wanted nothing else than to lie down and just be... Instead I put on my workout clothes, and I worked out!!!! How great is that!?! I am so fucking proud of myself you have no idea! So here I am in front of my computer, and for the first time in a long time I am sitting down with a clear conscience.

Back to Bob... He has been very weird this week when I've seen him. I don't know what's up with that. I mean isn't it in the book of common politeness to at least smile when someone you know walks past where you are sitting? I don't mean every time like, but at least once... I don't know. But I feel like going up to him and just saying "hi", and smile and walk away. He would probably have me for a lunatic if I did. *lol* But the tragedy of it is that he still has my heart, in a big way. I have never felt like this before, never. It scares me, it really does. Even though I find it odd that he behaves like this I think I know why he does... He is married, and not interested, and so it can't be all easy having a huge woman drooling over you. *lol*

But these two last days I have felt kinda good, and I have worn a turquoise top, which I look terrific in. If I might say so myself... hihi... It's not often I feel great, and when I do one can really tell. I fix my hair, in a messy kind of way, I wear more than one earring, I wear bold (to me) colours, I put my make-up on thoroughly, and I wear a huge content smile on my face...

Ok, so I will leave you go now. I ahve a tendency to write too long entries in here. (And I also have a tendnecy to write have the wrong way, hence the previous sentence...)

Hugs - Monsoon - the fecking amazing workout lady - *lol* (ever heard of smug!?!?)

No comments: