Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Bread rules!

Got up at 05.15 this morning, or should I say night, black night. I can’t stress enough just how much I detest getting up this early. I could never be a baker, because they get up even before “normal” people have gone to bed. Nobody should ever have to get up any earlier than 07.30. Everything else is inhumane. Well not for everyone; my own mum willingly and insanely (according to me) gets up at around 5. First of all because she likes some quiet time and secondly she does it to keep dad company in the morning. That’s love for you. hehe…

Ok, I will admit it. I have stopped the diet. My friend Irene thought it was mental to go on such a strict diet, especially for me. I am after all a “recovering over-eating disorder person”. She then consulted our mutual and brilliant psychologist friend, Agnete, and they came to the conclusion that I should stop. They thought it would mess up my head too much, and maybe destroy everything I have managed and built up in the last two years. Plus my blog friend Lilie agreed with them, judging by her comment. So then after talking to mum as well, I decided to stop. I will try to do so without getting disappointed in myself. At 6 o’clock this evening I ate some bread. I tell you; I ate it with the biggest smile on my face. Sooooo good. Sigh. I know it sounds like I haven’t eaten bread in four years, but when depriving oneself from “normal” stuff; it makes two days feel like a gazillion. So there you go, I am no longer de-carbodrated. *lol* Also; in the split of a second; the headache was gone too. Amazing, and great, as my head was near explosion. However; I will eat healthy… Honestly. I am worth it. Plus should I have any chance on finding myself a man some day in the far future, when B is “forgotten”, I need to be thinner. It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune doesn’t drool over fat girls. *lol* (stole some of Jane Austen’s great starting sentence in Pride and Prejudice)

My flat needs cleaning. Is there anyone out there who likes the cleaning business? Please, by all means feel free to wipe your dusters around here. I promise I won’t be in the way. In fact I’ll leave the flat while you are at work. Housework is the kind of work that nobody notices if you do it, but everyone notices if you don’t. Isn’t that true? It is also so completely useless. Well the dusting is. You wipe the TV and then three seconds later there’s tons of dust on it. How ungrateful. I’d like to enjoy housework, and I certainly would LOVE to be a fantastic cook, but right now this is more me:
Viking, the local football team has hired a new coach. Not my first choice, but he didn’t want the job so… I hope he will be great for the team, especially for their spirits. There are several Champions League matches today, but of course no Norwegian channel is going to send the one I want to see. Aaargh! I have, let me count, 8 pure sport channels, plus some other ones that do send sport, but none of them are sending Inter versus Sporting Lisbon. Ah well, what can you do really? Hope they win though.

I leave today, far less hungry and messed up, plus much happier than yesterday.

Monsoon

5 comments:

Rozi from Jozi said...

Hi Monsoon,

I know what it is like trying to loose weight, I gave up smoking 15 months ago, had a baby at 39 and I look at a chocolate and pick up a stone. But I have decided that 2007 will be the big diet year - Weight watchers here I come. All the girls in mhy office are on weight watchers so I thought if you can't beat them join them, although I could invest in a BIG stick instead. ;0)

Shahrzad said...

hi dear friend,

hmm...living on a strict diet doesn't seem that good.*wink* People live in this world to enjoy it not deprive themselvs of it...so that's great you stopped it. But as for the house cleaning...lol...you're quite right...there're always lots of things to do and at the end no use....LOL...

Wish you the best.

Shahrzad

Donna said...

Know the feeling .. love the bread. Thinking of taking up Sumo wrestling .. it appears to be the only career that appreciates a little extra weight.

Elise said...

Bread rules? Man, I never thought I'd hear that.

But yeah, your friends are right; seriously, if a diet makes you go bonkers and you get a nasty headache... Uh-uh. No. Don't go any further. People NEED carbs, whether you want to admit it or not.

And yeah, about that cleaning business... I can relate. I can relate a lot. Dust bunnies seem to crop up faster than the speed of light. Or so it seems. But like you, I can't be bothered to do any cleaning. It sucks. But after a while, when my whole flat's covered with dust, I have no choice but to do it. It still sucks, though.

Anyway, hope you're doing fine (besides the regular arsey stuff), and I'll see you soon! Dunno when, but still.

Empty-headed-animal-food-trough-wipers,
Elise

*lynne* said...

hi there! am finally surfing the net again after almost a week off - and looks like I missed out on your diet attempt? Glad you stopped it - sounded like it was not the right thing to do!

Let me add my 2-cents worth: what you [and me!] need to do is not "go on a diet" but instead commit to making permanent changes to our lifestyles and eating habits. And the last thing we need is to feel "deprived" of food because that'll make us binge all the more when we decide to hop off the wagon! A large part of success/failure in this is mental, I believe. Just as I know that I excel in what I term self-sabotage.

I have advice and tips I'd be happy to share with you; whether they work or not is up to you [and me! I *know* the important things to do... I'm just choosing not to do anything yet,,, urrgh!]. e-mail me if you need, k?

hugs!
*lynne*