Saturday, November 25, 2006

Weird child

Wow. Two days ago since I last sat down to write some crap. Yup, that really is astounding.
Just home from Hege’s. Nice to see her!

So now I sit here with really loud music at 23.15. I can play insanely loud at this hour, because the people downstairs are not here. I love when they’re gone. Then I can sing/scream as much as my heart desires. And it needs to, a whole lot right now. It’s good to get “everything out” that way. Right now it is Roger Waters’ “Pros and cons of hitch hiking” that’s playing. Fucking brilliant! Especially the song Running shoes. But now I want/need some “angry” music. What to put on? Zombie with Cranberries perhaps. Yes… Aah, that’s good. *letting out some steam*

This week has been quite stressing. Started with three new big subjects at school; psychology, sociology and law. So much to read and learn, and I am not through half of it. Have been way too tired to read at all times. Did some studying today, luckily.

I have been reminiscing and looking in my old photo albums today. I love doing that. I am a keeper. I have a cardboard box called “memory things”. Amongst other things there are diaries (I have kept a diary since the age of 10), school diaries, letters, tickets from every place I visited when younger, even cinema tickets, notebooks from when I was a child, “documents” from our Data Detective bureau”, old train tables and lists of what me and my friends wanted to play. We could never decide what to play you see, so we used to write down five things each. I can see that my favourites were.

- Kids in an orphanage (I had seen Annie, *lol*)
- Really rich kids
- Celebrities
- People from some other country. (We then had to talk in a pretend foreign language)
- Poor people, and in particular from the 19th century. (I was weird!)

I totally loved all sorts of play that involved some sort of acting; doing comic sketches for instance. I remember they had these Danish sketch books at he library. I think my loan number was the only one stamped in them, as I had them all the time. It said 1812, 1812, 1812... Sadly most of my friends didn’t get my urges for role-play and acting like this. I especially remember that Eva used to hate when I “forced” her to play foreigners, and to talk pretend Russian for instance. Poor girl. Imagination wasn’t a problem for me growing up, that’s for sure. Another thing I did was to use a tape recorder an awful lot.

I guess we can safely say that my voice is thoroughly documented from the age of 5 until I am like 16 or something. Some of what I've done: I sang songs from “tramteateret’s” TV programmes ( a Norwegian theatre/song group kinda thing), tried to talk English but knew only to count to four, and kept saying one, two, three, four, over and over agian. Talked to myself about my goings-on. Had long monolouges about anything, and within those always a bit of improvised acting. I interviewed mum, dad, my aunt and I even tried to interview my one year old brother, who couldn’t even talk. I was persistent, and on the tape I ask and ask him until he starts sobbing. At 10 I got a tape recorder that had two speakers and a radio too. So on that I recorded myself singing to music being played on my old tiny mono recorder. I was mad into recording. My parents have told me that my old tape recorder was practically glued to my body until I got the bigger one. Boy was I proud of it. I even dragged it with me out of the house. Eager much!?

I have scanned a photo of me and my friends on our way to first day at school in 1983. We were 8 and 9 here, and going to start 3rd and 4th grade. Two of the girls are still my best friends. From left: Helen, still friend, me, Eva, still friend, Annette and Julie.



It’s after 12 here now, so I better go to bed.

See you!

Love Monsoon

4 comments:

Eva said...

Oh my god! I remember those books... like a nightmare!!!!
I hated that! but its fun thinking about those time!
Do you remember my backpack?
Horrible!
Are you home, I would love to take a look in that memory box....

Vans said...

How wonderful to have all those memories packed in a box to cherish forever. My brother and I used to do comic skits as well, on a clunky tape recorder when we were little. I don't have the tapes anymore, and it's sad really. We were such goofy kids. But it was all the fun back then!

I tried to keep a diary as well, but I was never one for being consistent, and would write for a week and then forget about it for months on end. I do the same now, as my blog isn't very consistent either!

Much love to you Monsoon!
~K

Donna said...

It's great to have friends who have shared your life journey .. comfortable like old shoes that you can't give up because you know you will never find their equal elsewhere.
Thanx for your comment .. glad you dropped by.
Blessings,
Donna

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL PICTURE EILEN! :p

are you fine? i hope you are.

I had some trouble with msn last day, sorry...

hope to hear from you as soon as possible..

Hugs for you, my friend.

Laura