Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Estoy terminada, actualmente...

Finished! Finito! Terminada! God that feels sooo good… ;-)

Yes, I am officially done. My exams, in two copies, are now stapled together and ready to be handed in tomorrow! I really really do hope that I got all my references, within the text, right. Tricky part, when you’ve never done it before. Thanks for all your suggestions. Now all you need is to pray that I will pass. Promise!?

We’ve been talking about Christmas presents lately, and I had planned to wish for an exercise bike from my parents. Well, was is the key word here… In fact I can’t wish for one, as I am too heavy to sit on them. The steel, or whatever sissy material it’s made of, would give in under my weight. Isn’t that just wonderful? I actually have to fucking loose weight before I can buy one. Makes you feel reeeally fit. We can send people to the moon and we can do the most amazing things within the field of science… However, making an exercise bike for those who truly need it; no, that one is too much of a challenge. It’s a weird weird world.

Eva and I were laughing our heads off by this last weekend. We found it to be tragically comical. I promised Eva to write about it. So there you go!

*Hopelessly devoted to you*. Lyrics that totally fit!

Which reminds me, I really do like the film they’re from. Can’t help it. Grease, that’s what I am talking about. Typical chick flick, but I like it nevertheless. Catchy music and I just love the “I am too cool to even smile and talk” attitude that the T-birds are showing off. Hilarious. Feel good film, and sometimes that’s just what one needs. Dirty Dancing is the same. Only that is a really good film, honestly. I think it holds one of the most erotic scenes ever. The song played as it happens is Solomon Burke with “Cry to me”, and it’s the first time they’re making love. The way they touch, “dance”, oh sigh. And when he pulls her t-shirt up; yes, that’s when we all feel darn right tingly… *lol* Nobody puts baby in a corner. Right you are!

I can hear that my tiny worms are calling me to play a game before going to bed. I played a most magnificent battle today. I had two worms against 17 other, and I bloody well went ahead and won. I am a brilliant strategist. Hihi…

Love and all other sorts of things

Monsoon :-) 

3 comments:

Elise said...

Aw, you're so lucky. I wanna be done too!!! Still need to hang on a friggin' month longer before I can be there. Argh.

Grease? A chick flick? A chick flick and then some, if you ask me! And that Dirty Dancing remark: "Nobody puts Baby in a corner"... I'm sorry, but to me that has to be one of the cheesiest lines ever! But Patrick Swayze isn't exactly ugly there, though. One of those "too-good-to-be-true" kind of guys. He's quite the geezer in Dirty Dancing 2, though. Yeesh!

I'm gonna shut up now.

Hole puncher, eggs and tomatoes,
Elise

*lynne* said...

My sympathies on your not being able to use exercise equipment to lose weight unless you lose weight first - what a catch-22 situation! :-( But hey, a bike is one of the most uncomfortable things to sit on [in my opinion, at least!].

I'm feeling kinda down too, because while I've been pretty good with hitting the gym *and* doing extended [45mins] of cardio plus some weights for muscle toning, I've NOT been disciplined in the food area [pigging out on Golden Oreos,,, not eating 5 small meals a day etc etc] = bottom line is I'm still at the same weight and body fat% as 1.5months ago while my "plan" was to have lost 10lbs by now. :-( Tears are prickling my eyelids as I type that, I am so frustrated :-( I'm now dreading next week [thanksgiving week = week of overeating in the usa!]. Waaaahhhh!

Monsoon said...

Elise: I love that remark, because it just shows how much he loves her., He left, but had to come back. I am perhaps extremely silly and in a lovey dovey mood, but I like it. Good luck with all your exams. Remember how fast one month goes by!!

Lynne: Yeah I know. Bike making isn't exactly rocket science... Bloody idiots!

I am so sorry for your situation Lynne. I can relate to it, big time! What is it that makes us eat? What needs aren't met? I know which needs of mine that aren't mer. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about it. Bollix. What about you? Have you thought about what may be causing it? Or is it just "everything" basically? Either way; feel free to write to me on e-mail and air your head, thoughts and mind off if you should wish to. God knows we need it from time to time.

Earlier this year I was sooo good. Ate only healthy things and exercised a lot. Lost 2 pounds, approx., in 12 weeks. Then ones brain starts to think what's the point of all this, when there are no results.
Hopeless, that's what I am left like.

You'll be in my thoughts! Stay strong, and remember you are worth taking care off!!

Love Monsoon