Sunday, November 19, 2006

Wintertime love

Ok, I am just really exasperated right now. I had written quite a long blog entry, and then the phone rang. We got talking, Audhild and I, and in the middle of the conversation I for some reason pressed a key on my computer by mistake. It asked me did I want to save, and since I was in phone-land I pressed no. Then I thought to myself; do you realize what you’ve done!? It was gone! For crying out loud you stupid gin-swilling #/&%*!! … Yes, I do have a tendency to become very mad at myself when acting like a total thick “eejit”…

Anywhoooo… Agnete and I have been to visit Rønnaug, Tommy and their new baby Andreas. It was so great to see them. Andreas was totally cute, and so quiet. Rønnaug’s dad, also named Andreas, was there too. It was terrific to see him, as he is such a great guy. We had an awfully nice time. Agnete and I also got to talk a lot in the car back and forth, which was fab. I can’t wait for Christmas to come. Because then all my friends who live away come home. Most of them. We have been a “gang” for 16 years, and the “we” consist of me, Rønnaug, Agnete, Møyfrid, Judit, Oddbjørg, Irene, Janne and Helene. I love my girls!
Here he is in his cradle by the way.

As you all know I live in Norway. A fairly cold country, especially during winter. I hardly believed my eyes when I two days ago found a rose on my balcony. Seriously; we’re talking midst of November here. It’s not supposed to be roses growing this time of year. How weird. I took a picture of it. However; I am not complaining as I am not particularly fond of snow. Not down here. In the mountains it’s ok, down here, not so much. There is mainly one reason for that: I am scared, beyond stiff, of falling. No wonder eh, as you can imagine the sound and the look of three tons of women falling to the ground. What spectacle! I am pretty sure the shake would be picked up by the Richter’s scale. Picture this headline: *woman fell, caused major quake*. You gotta have some self-irony to endure being and looking like me, ok. *lol* Not to mention how much it would hurt my poor self. My hip is painful enough as it is, I don’t need it to be worse.

I feel a bit uplifted today, so I must enjoy that feeling. Yesterday was fecking brutal in comparison. I can’t get him out of my head. He is too unforgettable and loveable for that.
You know what to do if you’re sick of hearing about it; skip this section. Or if you have already read; try to repress it…

Well, see you all, and have a nice week!

Monsoon

2 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

How lovely that you found a rose - I had the same thing last week and was amazed - the rose we planted in memory of the little girl we lost had started to bloom a lovely pink flower in November!

Andreas is gorgeous and yes - the bag was from Lidl :o)

xxx

Deepak Gopi said...

Hi:)
I have seen many films from Norway.
Norway is really beautiful.