Saturday, April 15, 2006

I am bizarre I am

Since the first time I saw Roy Marsden as "Adam Dalgliesh" in a screen version of a P.D James novel, I have been fascinated by him. Then came David Jason as Mr. Frost in the series “A touch of Frost”. He got me too. And then it happenend again... This time is was Michael Kitchen as "DCS Christopher Foyle" in "Foyle’s War". I am a British crime fanatic yes I am...

What is it with me and men within law enforcement on TV? Especially if they are dressed conventionally and boring, and are kinda old. Good God! I don’t even get myself on this one. Is it their serious looking faces at all times, that has me intrigued? Is it their cunning and smart ways with crime? Is it their lack of female partners in the series? Don’t have a clue. I just know that I find these three a bit more interesting than everybody else on the tube… *giggle*. Well, come to think of it, I think I know some things as to why they interest me. It is the way they seem confident, secure and a little bit arrogant. They have this coolness about them. They seem almost unapproachable if you know what I mean. It makes one want to get under their skin to see who is there… Bollix, I am one silly woman. I laugh at myself, utterly!

This Easter I have been spending an awful lot of time in front of the computer. In addition, I have watched a program on Discovery every day, which interests me big time. It is called “Wreck detectives”, and it’s about people that try to solve old mysteries with sunken ships. Fascinating. Ships from 1600-1700-1800 in particular. They had some insanely extraordinary ships back then. The beauty of some of them, seriously… Wow, stunning. I remember I saw one similar program on “Titianic” once. However, I can’t watch anything that has to do with that ship. I go into this almost scary emotional state that is unreal on every level. I shake, I am freezing, and I get an incredible feeling of sorrow inside of me that makes me cry non-stop. Don’t know why, but I can hardly talk or think about Titianic without this efftect. Remember the first time this reactions came, my girlfriend was so shocked, and didn’t really know what to do. She had never seen me like that before. Peculiar, yes indeed, I am bizarre.

I have done nothing of what I had set my mind to do this Easter break. Instead I listened to my body, and so I have relaxed. Read great literature, listened to music that touches my soul, and spent time with good friends. My flat has gotten its “big spring clean”, which was sorely needed. *lol*. Moreover, I have been writing a great deal. I have so many thoughts and stuff that seems to put pressure on my brain, wanting to get out. But, I don’t know how it should be written, or what. Frustrating big time. I just know I have tons of ideas, and it is freaking me out that I can’t seem to sort them out.

Needless to say he has been on my mind at all times. Bob never leaves... Trying very hard to reconcile myself with the horrible truth. Am I successful at it? Not so much, yet.

Meanwhile, I am looking forward to tomorrow. More British crime. Hercule Poirot. Love it. How do the Bristish do it? They have this God given gift when it comes to intelligent, gripping and "good old-fashioned" crime. So much better than these new crime series where everything has to be sooo technical, and the filming and pictures are way too fast. Don't like that so much. I am conventional in this I guess...

Listening to Danish fabulous Sebastian, and his brilliant song "Sørøver Jenny".

Hugs, and happy wishes for the ret of your Easter. - Monsoon -

No comments: