Attended one of my best and closest friend's wedding yesterday. I had dreaded it for a while. Being fat and going to large "parties" like that makes me insecure and boring. Also I feel that I am not allowed to be there because fat people aren't allowed on the premises. Silly? Perhaps for those of you who have never felt what it is like to be incredibly fat. I am embarrassed by the way I look and all that crap. But yesterday I had really nice-looking clothes which were flattering too. The top had a a very nice v-cut and showed just a tiny bit of cleavage, which was great. I actually felt feminine and fine, and that is a rare thing for me. All my friends told me I looked beautiful, and that was good to hear. (I love my friends!! You are all so fantastic!)
We had an implausible evening. Live music, lots of laughs, some tears, dancing, friends of the bride and groom who sang and played lovely music pieces. The groom plays in a band and they preformed too. The food was divine. First course was melon with cured ham, main course was roast lamb with potatoes in cream (I don't know the english word... in norw: fløtegratinerte) and the dessert; chocolate fondant, which was a tiny orgasm. Everybody who sat around me moaned and sighed like there was no tomorrow, while eating this out of this world cake. Oh my God! I can honestly say that I have never eaten a dessert that slow. I never wanted it to end. A most memorable evening, and different from all other weddings I have been too.
So; congratulations so much Irene and Arne. Hope your honeymoon will be fabulous, and married life as well. Love you!
I greeted them with these words I wrote sometime in March. Sorry folks, it's in Norwegian, but it is about love..
To
For en fryd kjærligheten er
Å glede en annen
Å berøre noens kinn, og kjenne
at dette mennesket er en del av seg
kjenne tryggheten ved en varm hånd,
og å vite at den tilhører fremtiden
en ukjent fremtid, man skal bygge seg inn i,
sammen
sammen mot, og for alt
støtte hverandre, oppmuntre, le
gråte, rope, sørge, leve
For en betryggelse å vite at dette skal man ha,
sammen…
I hope that I will be able to experince the kind of love that so obviously excists between those two yesterday. It was a joy to see. Trouble is that I think I have found the one who could make me content on all levels, but the tiny thing about him you know, is that he is kinda busy loving someone else. What a drag. What a sorrow. Maybe he has an identical twin who is sinlge? *lol* I hate myself for liking him so much! I have so much love to give him, but I am not allowed. Oh for fucks sake! Aaarghh!
But the wedding had its toll on my unfortunate body. I was on high heels, and though broad high heels, my feet were killing me at the end of the night. This is only my second time, in all my life-time, on high heels. My body probably went into shock! Poor thing! But one has to suffer for beauty, isn't that what they say? And I did... *lol*
Today it's 66 years since Norway was attacked by Germany in World War II. Just had to mention that, because somehow I always think about that on this date. It's difficult to comprehend how horrible was is, and what is does to people. Destructive on all levels in both humans and societies, it's like cancer. Shivers down my spine! Growing up I never tired from listening to my grandparents telling me about their experiences during the war. My grandmother was only 11 as the war started, but my grandfather was 19. Lucky for them this wasn't the worse place to be, not by far!!
I will leave you go now. Gotta eat something.
Monsoon - who is in a romantic mood -
No comments:
Post a Comment