Sunday, December 04, 2005

Films

Wow! I have seen a film that has made a lasting impression on me, I'm sure. It is called 1900. It's from 1977, and it's situated in Italy. The story starts in 1900, when two boys are born on the same day, at the same "farm", but in two different worlds. It takes us to the end of WW 2, and we follow these to boys turn into men, the develop of their friendship, (to me this relationship went further than an ordinary friendship between two guys normally would go...) and we get to see what fascism could have done to a community/country.
I have to say, it was fantastic, cruel and horrible, but it also displayed true passion, emotion, hardness, and grieve in such a way that I was inspired by it.

Donald Sutherland portraid a most groase and vile person, and he did so in an outstanding way. Brilliant acting from both Gerard Depardieu and Robert de Niro as well, and of course the rest of the cast.

It's been a long time since I have seen a film that made me react the way I did. One thing that struck me was the honesty, the "non-perfectness", and the way everything seemed natural. The erotic scenes were done in a beautiful and cool way I think. One scene in particular caught my eye. Olmo (Depardieu) and this girl Anita together. She pulls up her skirt and just puts his head where she wants it. That is so brilliant! We see her face as she enjoys the treatment, and yet it never felt awkward or pornographic-like, like so many other films. It felt a bit like the love scene in "Don't look now". (which is the best sex scene ever, cause it feels real and different)

I could talk about the film for hours, but I can only say this: Watch it!

It lasts for five hours, so I watched the first part yesterday. After seeing it I felt weird. I felt strong, I felt sexy, I felt heavy minded. How can a film make me feel sexy? Cannot describe it... But I am a very emotional girl, and I tend to get affected by things that I read and watch.

"The hours" and "Moondance" were also films that stuck with me for a while. They made me think, re-consider and listen to my soul. "Moondance" is an Irish film, and I have only have the privilege to watch it once. I can't find it on dvd or anything, and that is a tragedy. Truly!It is late. I have to go, I am going to school tomorrow.

No comments: