Music. I know I could not exist without it. I have totally fallen for Pete T and his girlfriend Rachel's songs. They make beautiful music together. Their song "pleasure seeker" is so great!
I can't believe "The Who" is touring next year. I truly hope they will appear somewhere around here. I just have to go. I have never seen them, and yet I have been a fan for 14 years. To be able to see Pete and Roger on stage. Wow! It would probably take my breath away.
I have seen U2 twice. I wasn't able to go this year, because of my health. It felt horrible to know that they were playing here, while I was sitting at home. But I am so glad I have been able to see them twice at least. The first time was in 1993, and it was their Zooropa Tour. I will never ever forget the feeling of anticipation I had then. Waiting in line to get into the stadium. When the music started my heart was pounding like crazy. Then Bono appeared through a hole in the stage, smoking, looking so fecking cool, and started to sing zoo station..... I was nearly dead by the time. We stood in front, and had nobody in front of us. Being as big chested as I am I had smuggled a little camera in my bra, and I took some photos... Some came out great!
I "cried" twice during that concert. Once when Bono sang "With or without you", and also when he sang "Running to stand still". The version of desperation, where he shouts/sings hallelujah to the sky... I am telling you; it felt like time froze. It was amazing! I will never forget!
I have been in a relationship for over 5 years, and as you all know by now, we broke up this year. Or... she dumped me... Anyhoooow.... While being in that relationship I didn't really listen to music. I didn't let it grab me, touch me, or anything like that. I heard it, but I was never truly in the music. When we broke up I realized how much I had missed just that. The sense of being taken away by music, by lyrics, by voices, by drums, by bases, or just by one single tone... One tiny tone can carry a whole song, if it's put into the song at the correct place. I am once again living the music that I listen to, and I let emotions go wherever they need to. I am a very passionate person. I love, live, hate, talk, write, study, and all with passion. If I don't, I am not content. I might be alive, but I don't really live. I need passion to be able to exist, and music helps me at such.
Had friends over for cheese, crackers, red wine and fruit yesterday evening. Had a wonderful time. They are great people, and must remember to stay more in touch. They don't live here you see. Well two of them don't. Two of us are single, one married, and one is going to be married in April. Why is it that every bleedin' time we come together we end up talking about men/girls and sex? Is it compulsory when girls meet up? I think so. Or was it the wine talking? My girlfriends try to blame me for how the conversation ends. I guess I am partly guilty, but so are they. We all had a giggle about this when they were leaving... I wonder what men talk about when they meet up... They can't all talk about cars, computers, gadgets and their new electrical barbecue? Of course not. They pretend to be talking about these things, while in fact they are talking about hot girls and sex. I am sure of it.
I will not tell you what I thought about going to bed yesterday. But I will tell you this; it wasn't the dirty dishes, the dust or the laundry. *laughing*
Have to go now... going to eat roast at mam and dad's house. Yummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment