Porn, or erotic films, debated to death... Will we ever agree, or should we agree to disagree? Some of us enjoy it from time to time, and some of us would rather chew off our left foot than to look at this fright. (For short I will use the word porn in the rest of my text)
In Norway we have had a case where a former editor of a porn magazine was accused of publishing nude material that wasn't allowed here. But he was acquitted. The judges came to that these pictures weren't on the wrong side of the law after all.
This has stirred the debate once again. Should we be allowed to show people's private parts publicly?
If a pornographic film is shown on a channel here, it is shown with a black spot over the area that some people in Norway find nasty. So called soft porn is allowed though. We can look at nude people having sex, as long as we don't see their private parts! I find it quite amusing. We see the moves, we see tits and ass, we hear moaning, panting, writhing, and we see reflections and hints of what they're doing. But OH MY GOD should we be so unlucky as to catch a glimpse of an erected penis, our eyes would probably fall out in sheer disgust.
Yeah, the penis is a terrible thing!
Numerous people like porn, but some would rather die than admit to it.
I can't see the horror in porn. Not in the way many others see it anyway. I am not a spokesperson pro porn though... I just don't like the idea that some dried up prunes in some over- feministic organization should decide for me, what to watch or not.
Do these people ever get laid? Or are they just that fucking boring? I find them offensive to be honest. Maybe I'm cynical?
But, at least I'm woman enough to have my opinion, and I am not afraid to admit to it.
I am honest, I am real!
Many women find it to be degrading to women. Why? Is the naked body so offensive? Is sex actually more disgusting than raw violence, killing and abuse in any way? Sex is something that most people take pleasure in during their lives. Sex differs from one couple to another. That's because we are all different. Some like it hot and some like it cold. Some like it rough, some like it soft. Some like to experiment, and some find that the missionary position is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
But I am not a dimwit. I too know that there is a line, and to me the keyword is abuse.
I am not for illegal porn. Abusive films in any way, are terrible, and no doubt about it. The industry itself should take the responsibility to try to rid themselves of the producers of such films. The porn industry is probably dark, and has many sides that we don't get to see.
But some of the truth is also that certain people choose to play in nude films. For some reason they find this thrilling. Within the porn industry there are serious producers, and they are the "clean" part of the branch. There are even female directors... The clue is; the porn industry doesn't only consist of older perverted men. It's not all sleazy. Some producers actually take pride in making a good film, to be enjoyed for both sexes.
Behind the curtain in the entertainment business there are bad guys, pressure, and people who take advantage of others everywhere. This doesn't apply to the erotic film industry alone.
Isn't it some sort of abuse that Hollywood women, even the younger ones, are starving themselves to get the infamous "lollipop look"? Starving shows strong character. You are able to refrain yourself from the urge to eat, cause you need to look a certain way to get the good roles. You have to get plastic surgery to get bigger tits, to look younger, fresher, thinner and firmer. Is this better than what porn stars go through? No, it's even worse I think. It is namely two-faced . Hollywood, and American film industry, portray themselves as serious participants.
They are seemingly "only good employers who pay well". But yet, it's not all wealth and glory there either.
Porn should be looked on with the knowledge of that this is not reality. Women don't have a tendency to have an orgasm just like that. Women don't always were long black high-glanced boots in bed. Men don't all have huge penises, and can last for 30 minutes straight. This is why it is a film. It's just like we all know that James Bond never could do in real life, what he does on film. A film is a film; it's an escape, a dream, a fantasy... People who are well adjusted know this. We don't kill people just because Brad Pitt does it. We don't assume that all females have multiple orgasms coming as if they were on an assembly line. That's because we are sensible adults, well most of us anyway...
Porn is not the root to evil, according to me. There are far more ghastly things in this world than people having sex on film. But it is not art either, and far from it.
The way I see it is human sexual fantasies put on tape. Nothing more, nothing less, so let's leave it at that.
For the record: I am not some porn freak, who live and breathe only to await the next Jenna Jameson film to be released... :-)
I'm just a girl who is not fond of that the "Court of Protection" (overformynderiet) should decide what adults ought to watch. I believe in people's free will to choose what is right for them.
I don't like the "pointed-index-finger-syndrome" that unfortunately frequents way too often in my country.
No comments:
Post a Comment