I am totally hung up on this song from Offenbach's "Les Contes d'Hoffmann". (or tales of Hoffmann). The song is Barcarolle, and it's stunning. Gives me goosebumps... And also makes my tears just run down my cheeks. Just for sounding so beautiful... It is to be found in the fantastic film called "La vita é bella", "life is beautiful".
Sunday has been used for doing maths, as usual, and also a good exercise and dinner at my parents' house. We had turkey breast filets and it was kinda like a buffet dinner type of thing... Tasted fantastic. My mum can really make well-tasting food! Wish I could too. I am a kitchen disaster waiting to happen. But I probably know much more than I think. I've just never tried hard enough. Have no interest in it.
Being an Au-Pair I made dinner every day during the week, and nobody died, so I guess I wasn't that bad. But I do remember the one time I tried to make gravy from scratch. It is 11 years ago, and I was living in Ireland. We had pork chops, and I was going to try to do a brown gravy. Well... Not very successful! It was brown alright, but that's where the resemblance stopped. My gravy looked like a brown lumpy floury grainy vomit porridge, and it tasted vile! So I guess this incident stopped me from trying once more, but I think the time has come to try again. After all, it's been 11 years...
I am 31 years of age, and I feel embarrassed for being this incredibly fucking bad at cooking dinner. And what's more; The key to a man's heart is via his stomach, isn't that what they say? In that case: HELLO SINGLE LIFE, like forever! Or life with a woman in my case of course... No, seriously; I have to learn how to cook. I really want to. I want to be an excellent cook who can invite people over for dinner, and being able to serve something besides chicken tandoori. My ex was a very good cook indeed. She spoiled me I guess... Well, I am so darn cute you know... Or...!?!?
One more confession: I have made one - 1 - cake for as long as I have lived. It was a carrot cake, and it actually tasted very good.
You wouldn't think that a very obese person could be this bad at cooking. But here I am: a freak of nature. :-)
Finally got my haircut, and tomorrow I'm going to get highlights as well. Brilliant!
Talked to Ciara, my Irish Au-Pair kid, on Msn chat. We are so much alike, she is like a soulmate! And she is going on 18. Wow! She was 6 the first time we met. I am getting old I am!
Still in love, and I guess that is a great surprise to you all, eh?!
He will never be mine, unfortunately, but I will enjoy his being until I don't see him anymore. I have given up on the getting over him business, at least for now. There is no point to it as long as I see him almost every day. He is everything!!!!!
Love, hugs and kisses - Monsoon xxx
3 comments:
yor are the best! I promise you that i will come for dinner some day, and i will love it! just try!
see the hint? I want a free dinner.. hehehe..
kidding!
love you!
im trying to go to sleep, but i need just one more smoke... and i can't remember my password so im just an other
Ok ok... Soon I promise you! But don't som e complaining to me of the food tastes like shite... You eat at your own risk... *lol*
I thought you, like me, always used the same password everywhere? Can't you ask for the apsswrod somewhere at blogger.com?
See you!
Love Eilen :-)
yeah, the all too familiar word apsswrod... Do I type icorrectly or what?!? It should be password... GOD!
Post a Comment