Sunday, April 02, 2006

I am "Forrest Gump" when it comes to cardplaying

Eva and I have had fantastic chinese today. It tasted so good. The sweet and sour dish is quite hot and spicy, and it tastes divine. After that we have talked, laughed, and listened to music. Eva tried to explain to me the rules of poker, because I would like to learn how to play it. She usually plays something called "Texas Hold'em", and the tried to teach me this today. I followed for a while, but then too many names and too many cards were involved, and my brain went into it's "Forrest Gump mode". It has a tendency to this every now and then. I am card stupid, no doubt. Why is it so hard for me to understand cardgames? But, a little consolation to me is that nobody that I know, beats me in "Tetris" or "Astropop". I am fucking brilliant when it comes to games where fast reaction is important. I can do solitaire on my computer, but that's not poker... It it very vexing to me. How cool wouldn't it be to play poker with friends? I will give it another try when it isn't 11 at nighttime. It is now almost 1 at night, and it is the second of April, so:

HAPPY 54th BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST MUM/MISLA IN THE WHOLE WORLD!! She is one of the most selfless, strong and caring persons I have ever met. (I call mum Misla. I have called her that for as long as I can remember. )

What else have I done today? Nothing of what I should have done, like tidy and clean my flat. Got my period last night so I wasn't really up for cleaning. I really detest house work! It's most boring thing there is. Rønnaug came by, and then Eva and I got chinese. That's it. God! Embarrassing to see how little it is possible to get out of a Saturday. Must become more efficient! Ok, I did put on the dishwasher. Wow! Who deserves a medal? Housewife of the year, that's me. No, I'm not that bad, just sometimes... *lol*

No, I must go to bed now. Late again. How unusual.

I miss him, long for him, and he is hot.

Monsoon

1 comment:

only waiting for this moment... said...

That's okay...I get Rain Man brain all the time. So, being Forrest Gump for just card games isn't all that bad. ;-)

Your blogs are so down to earth. Awesome.

Have a great Sunday.

-Natalie