It is past midnight now, so this post will be filed under Sunday 9th...
On Friday evening I watched "Schindler's list". It was years since I last saw it. Did I cry? Nooo, how can you ever think such a thing?!? Of course I fecking did. The girl with the red coat... What a strong symbol. The first time we see her, she is running around in the streets. The next time we see her, she is lying dead on a wooden wheelbarrow. This is one of the two things the film shows in colour. The other one is the Sabbath that the Rabbi holds almost in the end. We then see the light from the candles in colour.
It's a very strong film. Remarkable acting by Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsly and Ralph Fiennes, and also the rest of the cast. Not to say; Spielberg did a supurb directing job on this film. Powerful! It's almost hypnotic in it's perfomance, and I feel I can't blink or I'll miss something brilliant. In the beginning when Neeson is sitting there amongst the nazis, peering, smoking, pondering, and with an appraising look on his face... Oh my God!
And Fiennes way of acting is amazing. He is so cold, so vile, so cynical, mad and kinda "psycho in the head", in the most terrific ways.
It is a very very good film. Also a film that makes one think, in a deeper sense that is... It sticks with you.
Meanwhile; I am thrilled for Germany, and handsome trainer Jurgen, that they won the bronze final tonight. So deserved! I think they've played some brilliant football. But I have to say that I think Italy is better. They have some incredible players; Zambrotta, Cannavaro, Del Piero, Pirlo, and their goalkeeper must be one of the top goalkeepers of the whole World Cup.
So the final is going to be great. Looking very much forward to it!!! I'll probably be screaming, yelling, sighing and cheering like a crazy woman... I just get totally excited!
I guess I should go to bed now. It's late. But first I will have to listen to "Let my love open the door" and "The seeker"...
Monsoon :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment