Yummy!
Had to go the pharmacist today for a prescription thing. So then I started the car and drove off. Unfortunately the car squeals like a pig in a foul mood. I think it is the fan belt that's broken, but somehow my dad has this other idea. I just know that my parents are going on holidays tomorrow, and I am supposed to drive around with this big bundle of excruciatingly high-pitched noise. Hmm... I sound really ungrateful... But it's just enormously embarrassing to drive in that thing. People stare, laugh and point, and I feel like a complete arse. I feel everybody is thinking: "Why in buggery bollix doesn't she fix that?". Maybe I could drive around with a sign that apologizes and explains? No, I am joking.
Anyhoooow.... So there I was, in the car listening to loud music to try to drown the squealing noise. Soon I found out that this drive was going to be "tour de shite-smells". I live in a rural area, where there are farms all over the place. (Don't get me wrong; I love living here!) So from Vigrestad, passing Varhaug on my way, I reached Nærbø. It is not a long drive, but I "detected" the beautiful scent of 12 different shite smells, from farmers spreading cow manure over their fields. In this heat it is very unpleasant... Why? Well, because it is virtually impossible to drive with windows down, unless you want to smell like a dung. It sticks in your hair like in a blink of a moment, and don't get me started on laundry... If there is good laundry weather, you can be ensured that the farmers are out with their shite... However, we need farmers for food, and in between their slow-going tractors and manure; you gotta love them...
Later on. Just back from a dinner at Agnete's. She and her sister Sigrid had cooked a most delicious chicken soup. Usually I am not one for soup, but this one was incredibly good. So good that I asked for the recipe. Lots of nice and hot spices. I love a hot dish! We had a terrific evening. They're both great girls!
Also I had gotten a very nice mail from my new Italian friend Laura. She seems so sweet, and I hope to keep in touch with her for a long time. Isn't it great what the internet and a blog can do?
Makes the world so much smaller, which in most cases is fabulous! I love making friends on the net.
My cat is beautiful. Just had to mention that. She is lying on my desk, half-awake gazing at me.
I can never get him out of my mind. He is in me, in my soul, at all times. Never ever leaves, not for a second.
Monsoon :-) Forever seeking the impossible.
3 comments:
Dear Eilen
first of all thanks for your beautiful words you write about me. As I said you, I'm so happy to have met you...And I will do my best to remain in contact with you!
The place where you live seems really nice and relaxing...So different from where I live...
Ah!! I have a cat too!! Her name is Shila :)
Have a nice day my friend!
Besos.
Hey there :) nice blog you have here. Very well written.
Thank you for dropping a comment in my blog. I really appreciate it and it helped me a lot! *hugs* again, Thanks
.: K :.
News: here in Milan it's raining!!
I will teach you some italian words and senteces so you will understard more or less what I write in my blog, ok?!
Are you fine? I hope you are.
Beso & Hungs
Laura
Post a Comment