
I watched this film called "Now and then" a few days ago. According to me it’s one of the best coming-of-age films I've seen. It is so beautifully done, with good colours and lighting. First we see scenes from the present time, then we look back at the summer of their 12th year, and then in the end, we’re back at present.
Thora Birch is one of my favourite actresses, and she radiates in this one as well. There is something about that girl, which grasps me. She moves in a very unique way, and her facial expressions are remarkable! One of a kind.
There is this scene in the film where a very old man, whom they call “Crazy Pete”, tells one of the girls something. This quote has stuck with me since I first saw the film in 1996. This is what he says: “Things will happen to you in life that you can’t stop, but that is no reason to shut out the world. There is a purpose for both good and bad…”
So, so true, it’s a pity that most of us don’t go by this “rule”… I know I have a hard time doing so, even though I try at times. Like right now I wish I could think like that, so bad. Because of Bob you know. I have incomprehensibly big problems with seeing what the purpose is with that whole matter. I guess years from now I’ll see it all so much clearer. I hope! (Though, I do not see why it has to hurt so much)
But a new chapter is about to start in my life; University. A clean sheet of possibilities, dreams and hopes. I hope it will fill up with good things soon.
A few days ago I sent my phone number to my ex Spanish teacher. He tried to call me last night, but apparently I was on the phone. He had left me an e-mail to tell he’d called. We got to talk today, and he helped me clear a few things. Very nice of him!!
I’ve cut my hair today. I think it turned out good. Haven’t really fixed it afterwards, so I’ll have to do that before judging it…
I feel old. Mostly on the inside, because I feel so different from a lot of people around me. Hard to explain. I think I’ve always felt like that, always felt a bit outside and beside it all… I have found out that that probably explains one of the reasons why I only fancy men who are 15-20 years older than I am. I feel much more related to them, and I feel “at home” with them. I can be myself; I don’t have to hold out expectations of being this hip, young, urban, trendy, cool, party-girl, which I’m not. My interests, ideas, and thoughts within me, are not like my peers’… Funny I am.
I miss him. He gave me a lot, but on the other hand; nothing…
By the way; apparently it is "International Orgasm Day" today. So in honour of this day I think we all should try to have at least one of the kind today. *laughing*
Will you do your part? I have, and will... *coughing*
I will go now...
Monsoon :-)
6 comments:
ah! i love this movie! i haven't seen it in years but it was a favorite growing up. i'll have to watch it again sometime soon!
I so loved this film as well. It is a great coming-of-age movie that I'm sure so many women can relate to. I know I can...having a familiar bond with 4 friends...And growing apart as well, over the last 2 years!
Happy Belated Birthday...32 is so young, and yet I know how you feel so old, as I do too.
HOLA! Oh so I have a new movie to see. I really appreciate a recommendation. My fave moved is FRIDA.. starring Salma Hayek - I love the tango scene - its sooo HOT and steamy. . . .
Like you I am on the verge of new things.... I just took my teacher certification test (to be an art teacher) but for now I will have to substitute teach or be a low paid aide... I was an aide w/ special needs kids for 3 yrs.... I love the kids but I really want to teach art too.
This past year I have broken 2 bones, (crashed my Vespa) quit a job, lost my healthcare benefits...went bankrupt, and survived.... & kept my house... I've had a lot of frustration & pain... but friends have chipped in and helped me out emotionally... its been crazy.
Hair? Would you recommend I cut mine? its so sweaty and hot here.. I would feel relieved with a short cut..not butchy, just short and then it'll be fun to color it. I was born platinum blonde and I can keep it platinum... I am not really butch but consider myself kinda of "bi" maybe not so sexually but I enjoy being around women more than men.... ALL my girlfriends are lesbian! This could probably be because I am post menopausal and had my ovaries out and generally , women are more fun to be around. I do have a boyfriend but still love women...
National orgasm day? ha ha
YOU ARE NOT OLD. I wish I was thirty something again.... good grief girl!
I wish I could speak Spanish like you. Many of my neighbors are Mexican American because I live close to the Mexican border. They call them "Chicano" here. My neighbour makes me fresh tortillas aned I give her fresh eggs in return... :)
Well, my chicken will have more baby chicks tomorrow so I'll post pix :D
NINA
tussen TAK! ??!?!?!?!!?
Hi Monsoon... Hmmmmmm National orgasm day (Sounds good to me) lol ... Can we not have one EVERYDAY lol... Anyway what you mean you feel old? Surely not, You don't look old,infact you look rather errrr may i say "Sexy" anyway i better go before I say too much lol
Take care Monsson.
p.s No i haven't seen the Movie
marhta: Yeah, it's great movie. You should watch it again. Makes sence every time, and I feel vulnerable watching it. For you who haven't seen it: DO! *lol*
~*~k: Thanks for the birthday wish! I've visited your blog, and I will be back... Yeah, it's really a film to relate to, definitely.
ninanina: Almost correct; it's written tusen takk, which you probably know means thanks a lot...
I think you would look great with a shorter hairstyle. It doesn't have to be boyish. A feminine short style. That's what I am working on... Not easy though, to determine what suits me.
Alan: *blushing* Thanks... I don't particularly look old, but I do feel older than I am, inside of me. But I don't really mind. That's just me. "Old" soul I guess. As for orgasm day every day: Of course! Much better idea. I am doing what I can to keep that up. *lol*
Monsoon/Eilen
I have never seen this movie..I think it's not released in Italy.
I got your mail... :)
Have a nice day!
Post a Comment