Sunday, August 06, 2006

Languages, wedding and visits

It’s been a few days since my last entry. There’s not much to tell. Boring life apparently.

But I’ve had visits, and that’s been nice. Judit, who lives in Oslo, came by with her fiancé Tore Vegard and a beautiful potted plant for me since I had turned 32. I had never met him before, and it was very nice to meet him. They’re getting married next summer, in Copenhagen, and I am going. He seemed like a great guy, and they looked well together as a couple.

Yesterday Rønnaug came by, she too had a potted plant for me; lovely! She has been to the Canaries on holidays with her man. Her stomach had grown a lot since I last saw her. Well in case you didn’t know; she is pregnant. She is looking fabulous these days!!

I have become quite obsessive on learning more Spanish lately. Just don’t want to let it slip away, the knowledge I already have. I want to improve, and my ultimate goal is to become somewhat fluent at least. Then I can go on and learn Italian, which I’d love. I find learning languages one of the best things ever. I’d love to learn Czech as well. Then I could understand Aneta Langerova’s lyrics. I love her music and voice, but I haven’t a clue as to what she is singing. *lol* There is for instance one song called “Hrísná tela, krídla motýlí”, who the heck knows what that means. Despite that, I get shivers when listening to it… I adore Slavic languages. They are totally sexy to listen to…I became aware of my “fetish” for Slavic languages when I made friends with a Polish girl named Beata in Ireland. I made her talk to me in Polish several times, while I just sat there and enjoyed. It’s like music to my ears. I can’t help it!

And yes, I was in Poland at her wedding, with my ex, a few years ago. That was a blast! Lovely country, great people and boy could they party! I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much delicious food and drink being consumed, and in spite of that, no one behaved disgustingly drunk. I guess they all danced it off…. The vodka bottles were transported around in the room in a pram. *lol* Fantastic days! I quote myself on the train back from Krakow to Warszawa; “That wedding was just one long huge eating and drinking feast, without comparison”… (I said this with the happiest smile ever; well good food makes me smile…)




This is Beata and I

I look dreadful on this pic...
*chills*









Back to the Spanish obsession… I sent an e-mail to my old teacher Terje to ask him a question. He didn’t mind, and said he was just pleased with the idea of me thinking deep thoughts in Spanish still. Terje asked for my phone number so he could ring me. It would be better to explain that way. So I sent my phone number yesterday, hope he rings soon. He is one of the best teachers I’ve ever had. But my history teacher, which was also my math teacher, beats everyone I’ve ever had. Out of this world, that’s what he is…

*getting hungry*… Why!? Well because my window is open, and in oozes the smell of barbecue… Yummy! What a tempting smell. But I just ate, so I’ll have to wait a while before I have another go, eh!? Ah what luck that mum just called and asked if I wanted Chinese, she was buying. later on that is. Woo hoo!

I am now going to continue my letter to Elise, which is in Spanish.

Luuuuv from me Monsoon :-)

No comments: