Monday, August 21, 2006

Nonstandard

Hello you all,

I am in a very peculiar mood today. I can’t say exactly what it is; there is just this undefined atmosphere within me. Hard to explain, but it’s weird all right.

I am different, and I think that sometimes that acknowledgement haunts me in a way. I just want to blend it. But I will never blend it. Not only am I different inside, but I am fat as well... When I look at the other girls/women at Uni I feel even more of an outsider; a deviant sort of woman that was meant to have assimilated “the universal rules of being woman”, like everybody else. I am not saying I am unique, well of course I am, every human is, but I mean in the sense of me being way strange and diverse.

When I talk to, or overhear other women talk about interests, likes, dislikes, things that get them excited, morals, values, clothing styles, demands towards their men, their sex drive, the use of alcohol and other substances, passions, and more; what I am left with, is that I don’t get them. Not on any levels. John Gray wrote the book (that I never read though…) “Men are from Mars, women are from Venus”, well I think I belong on Jupiter then... I have the hardest time understanding and behaving like other females. It’s not that I am male, but I have a lot of qualities that bare some resemblance to the male way of thinking.

My dad says I will be the “perfect wife” for a man, because I understand men so well, in their ways, interests and their “typically male” behaviours. You know the stereo type male with farting, spitting, socks on while having sex, watching sports at all times, loving big hooters and drooling on girls with big assets and nice asses, leaving the toilet seat up, looking at porn, and also their need for jerking off/ masturbating all the times, no matter how much sex they get. Somehow I have no trouble with any of the above things, seriously. And maybe that’s not such a weird thing as I do many of them myself… *lol* When I tell other women this they go; yuk! ugh! and blargh…How can I relate to that? (for the record; I am very much aware of the fact that not all men are the same and that not all men are like that, but I was just trying to make a point…)

I am a bit jealous of the people studying history. God I wish it was me. But I just have to focus on the fact that I can lose myself in history in my spare time. I love history so much, and I would have liked to be a history teacher and Spanish teacher as well. I think I would have been a good one, or maybe not… And, friends let’s not go killing me for saying this, but maths is a new favourite of mine. Stimulating, it really is. But hopefully I will find my own study interesting once I start learning it for real.

I think this is enough for one day.

“One day I’ll fly away”

Monsoon – the peculiar woman *lol*

7 comments:

Martha-Anne said...

i don't believe there is a right or wrong way to think or to be. you have to find out what your interests are. just because they don't compare to someone else's dosesn't mean they aren't interests. i suggest making a list of the things that make you happy.

Monsoon said...

It's not that I don't like my interests, I do. Very much so. But it's them combined with all those other things I am, which makes it very difficult for me, sometimes, to understand women, and also to feel utterly connected to someone. It takes a lot. Two persons throughout my whole life have I felt a very strong and instant connection to, on all levels. That is not a lot. One of them, of course being Bob.

I feel different, I really do, but mostly I don't mind doing so...

I have made a list like that, in my non-blog journal. A lot of things make me happy, even the smallest things.

Thanks Martha!

Monsoon ;-)

NINANINA said...

hey, I don't think anybody really feels normal! Some just do a better job of masking blatant diffences, and putting on a good facade of "normalcy"
Me, I don't care. But I spend too much time alone. :)

Anonymous said...

Keep your lovely and brilliant mind out of teaching. It sucks! Even I'm bored in my own lessons! Or if you aboslutely must; get a doctorate degree and teach at university (meaning 10 more years of studying yourself into middle age!)

Irony - bitter and contemptful at her new, tragic teaching job

Monsoon said...

Dearest Irony!

Ok, I get the message, but I just think teaching sounds great. I won't do it, because I know it will take me way too long to get where I want to be in that department. And let's face it; I am not getting younger.

I am so sorry that you are bored in your own classes *lol* Sorry, but I can just picture you in the classroom... hehe...

And sweetie, I hope for the love and honour of God, that you get your dreamjob very soon! You deserve it. You're great!

Love and encouraging thoughts form me ;.)

Ingaroo said...

I am SO with you - who ARE these people? Blending in? Stopped trying to do that years ago. People should just like you for who you are. And enough of that "yuck" and "eww" all the time. Pretentious bastards. Bet they have filthy thoughts. :-)

And you know what? One thing I have learnt - unfortunately the hard way and with a huge student loan that may be gone by the time I'm 50 - is that it is so much more fun to read things you really want to know about (like history) in your spare time, because you a) can choose what and when to read and b) don't have to conform to the extremely narrow-minded world of higher education.

Monsoon said...

Ingaroo!!

Hi girl! Lovely to hear from you, and thanks so much for your wise words. I agree, I do. And so when I am done with my education I am SO going to read all about the things I want to learn about. Yea!

I must ring you soon. Hope London is treating you well.

Lovey dovey