I was in desperate need of some insanely great music just now. So then I went into my computer room, also called “the mess room”, to listen to The Who and Rachel Fuller. Right now it’s Rachel’s song; “into my heart” that’s playing. Nothing short of fabulous! Love the lyrics!
And oh yes, the first day ordeal is over, and frankly, I did survive, oddly enough, eh?!
Woke up at 6, which was terror by the way!! I couldn’t see anything, as it was too painful to open my yes. They stung. The shower didn’t help either… I will tell you this; I haven’t been anywhere near getting up at 6 during the summer, so no wonder my body went into shock. It’s been more like going to bed at 2 half 2. I have become such a nocturnal little beast in my 30’s. *lol* Didn’t eat this morning, as I have no instant urge to eat at such an unholy hour. *lol*
Stumbled up to the train station, and then when I came to Stavanger Stina was there to greet me. She had brought another new student, Mona, and as it turned out she was going to study the same as I. Came to campus, and went to stand in line for registration. Easy enough, right? But that was before we found out that the line was as long as a nightmare… yea! So we actually stood for 2, 5 hours, waiting in a narrow, OVER WARM hall with about five billion other sweaty nervous students. My feet were killing me in the end. I met five students from Sonans (which is the name of the school I attended) and stood in line with one of them, Ingunn. Mona and I stuck together, and exchanged mobile phone numbers. She seems nice. So part from the waiting terror it was all right. I didn’t think too much about my fat body and the way it looks… I managed to stay clear from those unnecessary thoughts.
The bus back to town stops just outside my old school, so I phoned Vegar to hear was he there. And he was… So he came out and we had a good chat. He said it was lovely to see me, and I said “ditto”.
Luckily for me, mum had my favourite dinner cooking. We had the same yesterday; komle. Yum! I find it quite curious that big grey lumps of potatoes and flour, can taste so utterly divine. I will take a picture of it the next time we eat it, for you to see.
So now I am just sitting here thinking about something I ought not to. But that’s just me in a nutshell, for the past year and 7 months. Jainey…
Thanks to you who posted and cheered me up for today. It helped, I can tell you!
I have no plans tomorrow, but for the rest of the week I am going to school. We're going to get to know each other...
Got a question from one of my e-mail friends today. He wanted to know what a BOB fix was. *LOL* Apparently a BOB in England means a Battery Operated Boyfriend... Well, I explaind to him what it was. You know that it has to do with the man I kinda like a lot.
Love and all that - Monsoon -
Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place - Billy Crystal
4 comments:
Glad you survived your first day!!! Yay!
That Billy Crystal quote is hilarious!
HUrra Eilen!
Du er goe!!
Klem fra Agnete
I'm so glad your first day was fine. I thought you today.. :)
Bye!
what are you studying?
good luck in school!
I am about to start work. did you get my letter from my yahoooo account?
Nina
(actually my name is Ingrid) :>)
Post a Comment