Tuesday, August 01, 2006

From one list-lover to another

I am a fan of lists. Lists of this, lists of that… So now I’ve started on a list where I write down all the films I just have to buy, on DVD that is. And that includes the ones I already have on video, which are worth having on DVD… Not all of them are, trust me. Like Spice girls “Spice World”… not something I would need. I saw it once, and I am not tempted to watch it again. But films like Leon, Sixth sense, and Heavenly creatures for instance, I would need.

So far the list contains 30 titles. Not including all the series I want as well. Like “A touch of Frost”, “Ellen”, “The Nanny” and I’d love P. D. James’ Dalgliesh as well, but I fear it is not sold. In other words; I have to become insanely rich at some point, or I could marry rich perhaps. No, I am chitchatting… It has to do with priority, that’s all…
And I need the original films, just as I need the original CD. I am absorbed in that fact; that it can’t be a copy… Because I regard them collectors items, and one can’t have copies in a collection, right… (there is an exception of course: rarities and oddities within the music genre…) Am I odd?

YEA YEA YEA! I got my longed-for Rachel Fuller EP in the mail today. It’s called Shine, and in it there is a special thank to her bloggers, cool. She seems like such a wonderful woman, Pete is lucky to have her. And by the looks of things, he is totally into her. That’s what it seems like when they are together on “In the attic” anyway. I was so happy it came today; just in time for my birthday.

Stumbled upon a picture of myself, one I thought I had thrown away. It is of me topless.
A much younger, sexier and thinner version of me. I’d much rather preferred that “me”, but I guess I can’t travel in time. Darn! And I who always relied on someone inviting a time machine. That way I could go back and not eat myself out of a thin body, and into a fat one. One part of me would love to post it, to show you all how one person can deteriorate. However; I can’t bring myself to do it. I fear people will think I did it for the wrong reasons. In addition; you never know in whose hands it would end up…

Instead I post pictures of me, the way I look today. Who cares if I am not thin, this is me now… And I will unquestionably not have to worry about these pictures getting into the wrong hands. *LOL*



There is a weird dark shadow over my face on this one






This is me, on my last day of being 31:

On the outside:
- Bloated face, due to “that time of the month”,
- Wrinkles/lines in my face
- Sleep deprived, with dark areas under my eyes
- Peculiar hairstyle that deaperately needs some love and attention
- Fat body, but with firm ass, due to all the work-out *lol*
- Freckled arms and face
- Unshaved legs (I hate shaving and who's looking anyways?!)
- Nice smile, and I like my eyes

On the inside:
- Longing
- In love
- Frustrated, both sexually and other
- Dreading, University, meeting ex for the first time in 9 months etc...
- Nervous
- Stressed
- Quite content though
- Happy
- Tired
- Restless
- Forever pondering

So there you go. In two weeks, after starting Uni, it will all be better, I know.
First day is always the worse.

I keep writing to Laura, my Italian friend. Very nice girl!! Happy to have met her.

Maybe some day I'll be able to visit in Milano, and catch an Inter match at the same time.

Monsoon :-)

6 comments:

Laura said...

I'm happy to have met you too...

Ready for your birthday?? :)

Goodnight..

Martha-Anne said...

wonderful post. It's great to keep lists.

great pictures. you look happy and wonderful

Anonymous said...

"..but I guess I can’t travel in time"

:-) You can you now, if you get yourself a sufficiently fast spaceship .. but alas only forwards in time!

I kid you not, clocks on board satellites have to be slightly adjusted all the time to keep in sync with what nefariously goes on down here.

Happy birthday!

Ingaroo said...

There is one Dagliesh DVD to find.

But...do you make a list of your lists? When you start doing that, you know you've gone over the edge.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday .... and enjoy the list making (and I have to confess to Ingaroo Clingfilm (??!) that I have had lists of lists but called them "Master Files" LOL!!!)

Good luck with the wieght, whether it goes up or down really isn't important, but I do know how wonderful it is when it goes down :)

NINANINA said...

ha ha you're so cute... I take a lot of pix of me but I am not vain - I am just am very visual, an artist. I don't even wear make up and look in the mirror once a day ot so,. I have been getting fat since 40. yuk, but I am tall. OH I never shave my kegs but my friend has a shaving fetish so I let him shave them. ha ha. especially when I look like a neanderthal!!
I am reading that you like slavic langauages.. I am crazy about languages.. my Mom was born in Yugoslavia and I speak a little. That is the other country where I have tons of relatives, including Norway!
ciao bella!