Saturday, March 04, 2006

Christening and my friend Helene

The Royal family in Norway had a christening today. A little Prince named Sverre Magnus was christened today, in the Royal family's own chapel. Sverre Magnus' older sister, Ingrid Alexandra will be our queen in the future. But her father, Haakon is first in line to be King though. He is 33 years old.



This is Prince Sverre Magnus with his parents; Haakon and Mette Marit





The reason why I write about this is that one of my best friends Helene sang in the christening today. She and I shared a flat for 4 years while I lived in Oslo. She has always wanted to be a singer, and she is living it now! While we lived together she attended the National Opera school in Oslo. I still remember when we found out she was accepted into it! We were ecstatic!
I am so proud of you Helene!



Helene and myself on the first day of us living together. We both look a bit different now. She looks even greater, while I have deteriorated... I am the blond one, of course...



Monsoon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction: FYI, her name is Mette-Marit...

I THOUGHT YOU KNEW!!! :-P

Elise

Monsoon said...

Oh my God! I knew that, of course! I have no idea what I was thinking about! Maybe my ex? Inger Marie? Don't know, but embarrassing...

Thanks for telling me, I will rectify the mistake.

Eilen