Monday, March 06, 2006

The early 1990's





What was I thinking?


Oh God daddy, why did I have to go and sit here, just so that you could show people we have seen snow in July...

I look uncomfortable and like I'm in pain. Hilarious face.
And maybe I was. ( hence all the big lumps on my arms.) I had gotten stung like a billon times by mosquitoes.

And what's up with that hairstyle? I blame it on the 80's. Some styles from the glittering 80's got stuck way into the 90's. We now look back at it with horror! This was in 1990, and I was going on 16. We had been on holidays in the east of Norway and were driving home over the mountains.

And notice my lovely "flip-flop" shoes. White ones, to match my infamous typically Norwegian white tennis socks. Yukky.

Who looked good with a home-made permanent wave/T perm? I think nobody did actually.

But, at the time we thought we looked drop dead gorgeous. I know I did. :-)

This is another disasterous hairstyle.





















It looks like a fountain. For the love and honour of God; did I honestly think this was a great look for me? Did I feel hot looking like this? I have no idea. But I wore my hair like this for quite some time. How come no one stopped me? Probably because they all wore their hair in similar appalling ways. Where are the hairstylepolice when you need them, eh? I should have been force cut... Or at least been forced to leave the hair down.

And what about those bright neon pink shorts. Jaysis, the sight of them freak me out they do! Pink was never my colour, but somehow I didn't care. I was going on 18 here. (My birthday is on August 2nd)

Well, that was me. Flicked through some photo albums today, and I just had to share the fountain look. It makes me laugh.

Still hoarse, still red nose, still feeling as attractive as a mummy.

I'll be seeing him tomorrow. Can't wait!

Hugs Monsoon.

1 comment:

Monsoon said...

Hellu!

Nei jeg kan ikke på fredag. Jeg har lovet meg bort til Hege den fredagen, og det lovte jeg for tre uker siden. Sa ikke jeg det denne helga når du var hos meg?

Så koselig at Maylis likte soverommet mitt. :-)

Ja, veldig sexy må jeg si. haha!

Men jeg er helt for kinamat på lørdag, om det skulle passe frøkna.

Vi snakkes!

Klem Eilen