Saturday, October 14, 2006

And then some

Mohammad Yunus, together with Grameen Bank, were awarded The Nobel Peace Prize today. It was for their work for poor people, in giving them micro loans. They help people on the level they are in their lives; “help to self help”. This is, I think, one of the best ways to help. That way you can empower people, teach them, and guide them towards creating a better life. I think that giving the prize to him/them was a very interesting and innovative way of thinking within the concept of the Peace Prize. Fighting poverty is vital to peace work, as it diminishes the differences between people, and gives the poor a better chance to stand up for their rights, in time…So I thought it was a good choice this year, I really did.

I was going mental with restlessness this morning. So when I got a SMS from mum saying I could have the car immediately, I went; Yesss!! Got up and drove to IKEA. Bought 4 new cute pictures for the kitchen, here are two of them:

And a whole bunch of candles, some scented. Good trip.

I have been trying to make my Creative playlists immaculate today. I need a certain order and system to be happy about it, if not it takes forever to find one specific song. It will take a while to do all 1600 songs though. I will probably add more songs also, during the next week. I think the Mp3 player is a terrific invention. To be able to carry your whole CD collection, or parts of it, in one tiny gadget; perfection I’m telling ya!

Not so much more to say today, other than I've had a good day come to think of it. Wow.

I see that its past midnight now ,which means it is really Saturday; although to me it is still Friday night. Just had to mention that as I said "today" about the Nobel Prize thing...

Monsoon :-)

3 comments:

Elise said...

Think that Mohammed Yanus and Grameen Bank really deserved that prize. They deserve some media focus on their work! :D

Anonymous said...

ooooo, i love the prints! those are great. wonderful taste!

So long, farewell! said...

Just a quick hello as we have guests this weekend but just wanted to say hi and thanks for the kind comments - my muscle is getting better slowly and I can walk now - hurts like the very devil at times though!

xx