Sunday, October 15, 2006

Humour, bad perhaps...

Watched Inter play Catania, and was thrilled when Inter was able to win. It didn’t look like it for a while there. Catania scored first, with a magnificent goal from Mascara. But then Inter, with Stankovic, scored 2 and won. That means Inter is now in the lead in "series A" in Italy. Plus Viking, one local team, won their first match away since 2005, over Odd. So all is good in the world of football today. Yea!

I can’t help it; I must visit Engrish.com every now and then. I get a good laugh out of it. Just look at the name they have chosen for this church here.

I assume they are unfamiliar with the fact that beaver is also one of the many pet names for a certain female body part. *giggle* So not a suitable name for a church, someone must inform them…

There was one really bad one, from Finland actually, but I think it is too naughty to post. Or…!? It is a severely bad name for some bread things. Well bad, if you read it “thinking English” of course. I have no idea what it means in Finnish, but I am sure it is totally innocent, after all it is just bread isn’t it? Ok, I just have to share it.

Silly to laugh over it, perhaps, but I do find things like this funny. All sorts of mistakes, misunderstandings when it comes to language and any use of words are funny. Especially if the meaning in some other country turns out to be a bit on the naughty side… Yup, childish me eh!?

Tor Egil (brother) and I had Chinese take-away today. It was lovely. I tried some of his curry sauce, and I must say this one was nice actually. I have never been very keen on curry, but I might have to consider it the next time I am up for Chinese.

I am looking forward to next weekend. One of my best friends Irene is coming home to her parents for a visit. She and I have many hours of good conversation ahead of us. I miss her. She lives in Bergen, and that means we don’t see each other so often. I remember when I was working on converting her to become a devout U2 fan. I think I actually just went ahead and ordered a U2 ticket for Zooropa ‘93 for her, determined to be able to get her to go with us. It wasn’t difficult to convince her at all. Irene has always thought Bono extremely hot, just like me, and being religious and all she made a comment once that I never forget. Irene said: “Oh my! Bono is so hot I am sure God must have worked over-time when creating him”. I thought that was so funny, and true too for that matter. Ok this is for you Irene, since I know you read my nonsense… Ok, ok... I'll admit; it’s for me too *blushing*







I have been close to happy today in fact. Wow, I'll say! Hope it lasts.

Monsoon - smiling from ear to ear from picturing lovely hot Bob in my head -

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you did you naughty lass! But I am eternally grateful to you for that impudence!

Kjekt med eit lite hormonsjokk her på kontoret. He still does the thing...

Irony

So long, farewell! said...

lol at the photos - Beaver Lick is just the best!

Glad to hear you are happy :o)

xxx

Elise said...

Hahaha! I gotta check that page more often! XD

As for Irene's Statement (notice the capitalized initial letter) on Bono, that simply summed up everything, didn't it? ;)

Must admit, though, that Bono looks better with long hair... Or the hair he has now, for that matter. I don't know. Some guys just fit with long hair, I guess. Me and my taste, eh?

Have a nice wotsit! ;)

Elise

Monsoon said...

Irony: I am glad you didn't feel like you were "force fed" back then. *lol*
Yes, he still does it, doesn't he... The only celebrity ever to "do it for me" really...

Moxie: Thanks, yes I am glad too really. Hope you had a good weekend with visits and all

Elise: Engrish is totally funny! And as for Bono with or without hair; I don't care so much. But I gotta say that my two favourite periods of him are 87-90, and then approx. 95-98, and then also now. I like it either very short or long. Not that "in between hairlengths" that he has been going on for the past years.


Huggies to all Monsoon :-)