Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Peculiar

Caplex is an encyclopaedia in Norway that you can find in both book versions and web versions. One day I was surfing the net, and went into www.caplex.no.
There I found one mistake. They had written that U2 was formed in 1977, when I knew that it was in 1976. I can’t stand when reference books/WebPages give us misinformation, so I wrote an e-mail to let them know. Yesterday I got an e-mail back, saying they had checked my information, and found that I was right. The thanked me for my correction, and that by the end of the month it should say 1976 in there. God that was good! *lol* Kidding, but it was nice that they paid attention to my e-mail and took me seriously. Not that the misinformation was life threatening for anyone, but it is vital to me that the correct year stands.

Funny and weird thing happened today in Stavanger. I had been to my “thing”, and had just gotten off the bus to go to the train station. My lips were very dry and I licked them several times as I was walking and minding my own business. Suddenly this man, a handsome one as well, stopped me and asked my name. We talked for like 2 minutes, and he seemed like a nice enough man, intelligent even. The he drops the bomb, he says to me: “could you lick your lips again, as it was totally sexy to watch. It was just the way you moved your tongue…” I said, eeeh, no… Then he replied: “Don’t you believe in love at first sight?” Frankly, I started to laugh and I thought him a bit loony. He asked for my phone number too. (Which of course he didn’t get!!) But Jaysis, who asks for something like that!? I excused myself and hurried to the train, where I sat down and felt amused to death. Incidents like these; gotta love them eh? People are strange, no doubt!

Had Elise over today, for an hour only, because we were both going somewhere. However; it was fan-fecking-tastic to see her. She studies English in Oslo, but was home visiting. Elise is fabulous, and she makes me want to study hard. Love that about her. Tomorrow is going to be a day devoted to studying, with 15 minutes breaks every 45 minutes, just like on Uni. I have to get serious about catching up with the curriculum that I’m behind with. *ordering oneself to use brain on things that really matter*

A little quote that I find witty from “Mad about you”; Jamie is trying to get her sister to not sleep with some guy on their first date, and turns to her husbands for backup.

Jamie: Tell Lisa what guys say when a girl gives in on the first date…
Paul/husband: Yippee!?

Lynne! I found a couple of comics from far side, so here’s one.
*roaring and uncontrollable laughter*


Monsoon :-)

3 comments:

Eva said...

Hey you sexy little thing!
I've allways known that you are sexy, licking your lips. hehehe
I cant wait hearing about your "thing" today.
Talk to you tomorrow
Love you

Monsoon said...

Yes, cause that what I try to do at all times; be sexy. Yaaarr... People are weird.

Yes, see ya tomorrow dahling

*lynne* said...

omg... i'd probably f.r.e.a.k. if I were in your shoes and we got to the part of "please lick your lips again, that was so sexy"... oh wait, I probably would have brushed him off at the "what's your name" stage; what can I say, I am extremely wary of strangers and wouldn't give them the time of day!