Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Good old mix

Oh for crying out loud! Why must I be so affected by music, and why to such a gargantuan extent? It is possibly because I do let it grab me, and that I utterly live the music. (Music which deserves me “living” it, I might add) I have been listening to Neil Young a lot today.
His music is nothing short of astounding! It undeniably puts you into a specific peace of mind. For instance; the song “out on the weekend” makes me cry. I just get this really sore and intense sensation within me, and it makes my tears just run. I presume it does me good to shed some tears. “Rockin’ in the Free world” is brilliant, and has me in a good mood, despite the lyrics being not so cheerful. And I think Mr Young is trying to kill me with “Don’t cry”. Holy mother of all that is pure and good in this world… Oh wow!!

Have been to school today, and as I sat on the bus back to town I got an SMS from Line. I got to know her at my old school, and she is still a student there. My bus stops just outside my old school so she told me to stay put there, so that we could set up a “play date”. *lol* It was nice to see her. Only problem is that she has befriended one person I wouldn’t advice even my worst enemy to be with. This person is callous, back-stabbing and talks ill of everyone, including me; spread false rumours about me. Chills down my spine, only thinking about it. I do not appreciate people like that on any level. Enough about that. I could write five million pages on that person, but I don’t want my blog to be an arena for talking ill… I have my diary for that kind of frustrations, eh!? ;-)

There has been a terrible murder in Norway. One brother, allegedly mentally ill, killed his three younger sisters, aged 27, 24 and 13. Oh God, when things like this happen… What to say? It isn’t possible to say or do anything that will make it go away. I feel that cases like this increase in numbers by the year around here. Read about murders almost every day now. When I was younger it happened on a much lesser frequency. What has happened to this country? To its people, that makes us want to kill? I wish I knew, and I wish it was fixable. One thing that needs to be done is certainly to stop cutting back on allocations to the mental health care. Time and time again it is people that have been given up by society, for their mental illnesses, that kill. I can’ start that debate here, because it will have me writing till dawn. This is a topic that I am concerned about, and which I am engaged/occupied by.

It is a good thing they’re training hard, I want them to win win win!! (Look who is talking; who needs working out more than me!?) *giggle* For your information; this is Inter, well some of the players, needless to say.


Is it possible that the song "Bombadilla life" from 1989, correct me if I am wrong, is the worst and most "painful-to-liten-to" song ever created? It is sung by Franklin, and I think they are Norwegian. I want to reach in and pull out my stirrup bone and ear drum so that I can't hear it.

See you!

Monsoon :-)

4 comments:

So long, farewell! said...

I *LOVE* Neil Young *swoon* - Harvest is my fave album :o)

xxx

Monsoon said...

Yes, it is fantastic that album!! I love Freedom too, and more of course...

Elise said...

*lol*

Believe me, there are tons upon tons of more examples! "Macarena", "Asereje", "Crazy Frog" (all songs so far), "Dragostea Din Tei"... the list goes on and on forever.

Haven't heard much Neil Young. Hm. Need to do something about it.

Speaking of doing something about it (something), I feel I have to do some more academically-challenging now. Procrastination galore.

Thanks for the conversation last night! Really uplifting! :D

Hope to see ya soon!

Abrazos,
Elise

Monsoon said...

Yes I know, but there is something so utterly pathetic about Bombadilla life, that puts it right up there. And I detest all songs by Ravi. I am provoked by the fact that people like him, seriously.

Yes, it was lovely to talk to you too last night, as always!

Monsoon :-)