Thursday, October 26, 2006

Will I ever shut my gobshite?

Well hello there.

Here I am, as usual. This is addictive, I’m telling you!
Got my hair cut today, as I was starting to look like I was saving for long hair, which I am not! So I cut about three tons of it, mind you; I still have a good deal of hair left. It looks ok I think. At least Eva said so, when I visited her afterwards. *lol*

Then I drove home, only to find Helene had left me a message on my mobile, which I for some reason had left at home. Helene is the girl that I shared the flat with for 4 years in Oslo. She was home visiting her parents, and also to do some opera singing. She is very talented. We were just talking about how amazing it is every time we meet; we connect instantly and we can talk for hours and hours. It’s like we only saw each other yesterday. (No wonder I like “him” so much, they share birthday) And yes, dare I speak his name, Bob was mentioned more than twice this evening, I will admit that. Had to let some emotions out…

Have the presentation tomorrow. I am not dreading it as much as I thought I would. I think what my coacher did to me yesterday helped. Cool…

Friday is the day I will start changing my eating habits, again. I can’t give up now can I? I can never stop believing that this time is different, that this time will be IT. I have lost about 57 pounds, so I do have the ability to do it, don’t I? I’ve set a day, so that I can focus on that and prepare myself emotionally. I have found things in my diet that I need to lose, and things I need to add, to make it more nutritious. I feel confident that I will stick to it.

A friend is changing too, so we will support each other. I think being two will do us both good. Otherwise; it does get a bit lonely. I don’t think anyone who isn’t severely overweight like me, can comprehend what the mere thought of having to lose 140 pounds will do to ones brain. It is depressive, it seems virtually impossible, and it scares the living daylights out of me. Such a HUGE task to take on, it drains your mind and body of all energy. But I will give myself this treat, because that’s what it is…

Going to bed now, it’s past midnight, again. So now it’s not Wednesday anymore…

Monsoon – love him - *pretending I never noticed what I just wrote*

5 comments:

Eva said...

hei du! Sorry men dette blir på norsk
Klokka er nå 0429 og jeg får ikke sove... Så nå skal jeg se på Ellen
Håper du sover godt

Love you

Monsoon said...

Heia! Huff da, sleepless in Varhaug, eller hva? Så deilig å ikke få sove. Ja jeg vet godt hvordan det er, siden de siste ukene av mitt liv har bestått i ALTFOR lite søvn. Jeg har sovet greitt nok i natt, men i fire tiden våknet jeg gjennomvåt av svette og hadde selvfølgelig drømt om han. Det gjorde jeg når mobilen vekket meg også, åååh!

Klem fra meg

Martha-Anne said...

:) you're great.

*lynne* said...

Hi there! I'm on a weight/fat loss mission too - sure I've less to lose than you, but it's still a huge challenge ... and body image is unfortunately a big factor in how good I feel about myself... I have about 40lbs to lose to get me from borderline of obese I to the high end of "normal".

What with a family history of diabetes, heart disease *and* cancer, I really need to help my body to defend itself from these known threats... and being overweight really doesn't help matters...

Just two days ago I did some calculations wrt caloric requirements,,, and to my dismay I realised that if I seriously wanted to practice having 5 - 6 smaller meals a day, each "meal" would only be about 300- 350 cals. That's like NOTHING?!! aarrrgghhh!

So, it's certainly a challenge,,, I totally agree with "psyching" yourself up to "start" on a certain date, I do that too. Keep in mind, however, that the most effective "diet" is not really a diet, but a permanent [positive] change in your lifestyle.

Yep, easier typed than done :p

All the best to you, my dear!

huggzzz!

Selma said...

Wonderful!!
We have in common not only the interest for history but also a diet!!!

Thanks for your nice comment!
It's a very long time I haven't been writing on my blog... I hope to have more time to do it soon!!

Cheers from Italy!

Sarina