They have taught me so much about true love. The kind which even after years together, still can make you giggle and feel like you just met.
Dad calls home several times a day, and in the car on his way home. He can’t wait to get home to see my mum, that’s all… They are “always” together, and they hardly ever do anything without the other. I remember when my dad worked away from home like 7 years ago. At the day of his arrival, mum would dance around and sing: “My boyfriend is coming home, my boyfriend is coming home”. All while she smiled the biggest smile, and had a look of happiness and anticipation in her eyes. They have never been afraid to show us kids that they love and care for each other. We have always been able to see them kiss, hug and flirt with each other, and they still look like they are “giddy in love like two 18 year olds”. It’s wonderful! How do they keep the spark even after 40 years? Wow. I congratulate it and take my hat off, as this is hardly the norm these days. I am not saying they are the only ones who are like this, of course...
But one hears about so many couples who do stay together, but maybe for other reasons than the two of them as a couple. Perhaps for the sake of the kids, or for the sake of security, anxiety and “out of the habit of it”. But true passionate love, the lasting kind, is actually hard to find. So mum and dad; I love you, and thanks so much for letting me grow up in a home where love was obvious and where I was always allowed to be myself.
Meanwhile I am now holding the new The Who album in my hands, and it is playing on my computer. Aah! *Sighing and smiling like a fecking idiot.* But I cannot describe my gratitude to Pete for releasing the utterly desperate and amazing song; in the ether. I first heard it on “Basement Jam” last year, and it blew me away.
I went and said hi to Vegar today. Just a quick visit, as he was at work, and I was on my way to buy The Who. We are going out together nest Tuesday after school and work. Looking forward to it.
Really utterly annoyed that Viking lost 4-1 last night. I so don’t want them to play in "1. division." Yuk! But it looks bad.
I have this insane headache, it’s fucking killing me. I might lie down. I am sure it’s because of the lack of “the unmentionable”, aren’t you!? *lol*
This is mum and dad at their wedding day in 1972, two years before they had me.

Monsoon - looking for that lasting kind - (found him, but need to find new)
7 comments:
How cute are your parents!!! I love them both!
I can just imagine how you are now, with you new The who album in you hands... I guess you have been crying a little bit... You MUST see that U2 consert... I have it on video... I love Bono in Where the streets have no name...
See you soon
Love you
your parents look great! cuttttte! my parents were married the same year! :)
awww they are so cute... and they look like people I may have gone to highschool with ! I feel that few people find that kind of love.. many people live alone and seem quite happy... & like me... I hear married people complain about each other too much. hearing about your parents is encouraging :) No wonder you set you goals high as far as discovering a perfect life-friend... but have fun along the way!
hugs NINA
Eva: Yes aren't they cute. Although my dad had that tragic 70's hairstyle... *lol*
I definitely must see that U2 concert. No doubt!
Martha: Thanks! They were? Cool! They must be around the same age as mine then perhaps!?
Nina: Hehe, yes they are kinda cute... Thanks! I too feel that few find that kind of love. I guess that's why I wanted to write a little about it.
I will have fun along the way, soon... *lol* I wish I could be happy with just being me, as I am sure it will be just me for many years. Yaar...
Hugs to all of you!
Monsoon
what a wonderful story! thanks for sharing this with us!
Momiji: Thank you so much! I agree, I am very lucky to have them. Aaawhh... Adorable story about your grandparents!! Such love is the kind I want. Yes...
Martha: hehe... you're welcome. I guess I just felt like sharing...
Thanks all for your comments
Love Monsoon
how excellent for you! That sort of love, and unabashed communication thereof, was totally missing from my parents' interaction with each other and with us kids... and my mother can actually be puzzled that I place my friendships so much higher priority than "family", when I have had no real reason to treasure "family" as it exists between me and my parents. I'm just glad I am halfway across the world from her [and that is NOT FAR ENOUGH in so many ways!]
Post a Comment