Mood tiny bit better today, it helped to go to Eva for a little while. Also Karin came by yesterday, and that was lovely! Had a good time!
I have a small infection/inflammation in the surgery cut/sore, of course. Not nice, and it is burning and itching like hell. I have to clean clean clean it, and then in about 4 smallish weeks it should be fully healed. 4 bleedin’ weeks. Holy crap!
Other than that I’ve been lying down a whole lot, and being totally and utterly restless. I hate being ill, I am not suited for lying down doing nothing at all. It is boring. Despite the fact that I have tons of TV channels, there never seem to be anything worth watching. In addition; lying like that only generates al sorts of unwanted moods and senses (hence my blog entry of oct. 2nd), and boy is that annoying. So that is why I always end up in front of the computer. Here I find my peace… *lol* Well at least I am doing something, instead of just lying there.
Still hungry at all times. MUST - HAVE - FOOD... I am sure I could eat a hippo or some other huge animal. How is it possible? I have never been like this before. I was even hungry when I woke up this morning. I usually have to force feed myself with breakfast, as me and food, at unholy hours, don’t combine well.
My friend Irene told me about this film she and her husband had seen, which was called “Das Leben der Anderen”. (The lives of others) It was about the Stasi regime in the former DDR. (In East-Germany when it was divided into west and east) Apparently a most brilliant film, a must see one… I agree with Irene, in that some historically related films can be amazingly fantastic and that they make a stronger impact on you than “ordinary films”. Let me mention “1900” once again; a film that made a weighty influence on me. Wow. It borders on sheer brilliancy if you ask me. Dreadful, yes, but astounding nevertheless. I think this film is one of Bertolucci’s, finest works. If you haven’t seen it; DO!
One does feel a bit narcissistic at times, when blogging. I feel there are so many terrible things in this world, which probably should be talked about. Especially international politics, issues, and problems, with for instance North Korea’s atomic trial blasting and all, but I can’t be bothered. Why? It is not because it doesn’t concern me, or that I am not interested in it. There are two main reasons for my lack of political and problem focus in here:
- I do not wish to give away my political standpoint
- Discussions like that would take forever, as I have tons of opinions to share, if I only wanted to. Ok? So I am not trying to be insanely narcissistic, so excuse me if that’s the way it comes out.
Just thought of something that always had me in a good mood and roaring laughing actually; The far side (Larsons gale verden) Tried to find some comics on the net, but no luck so far. Must buy a book. Found this joke though, and it felt a bit “far-side-ish”:
Hugs from “The princess that nobody could silence” Monsoon
Ps. Bob...

5 comments:
Aha! A fellow Gary Larson's Far Side fan?! I should have known :-)
I must admit, I don't own any Far Side collections [it's something I don't want to spend money on out of my own pocket, but the complete collection *is* on my amazon wishlist, teehee!], and I'm not too surprised if there's nno official Far Side website,,, after all, the 'toon was retired in the early/mid 90's just before the internet boom, and I have the impression they were very very hung up about copyrights.
but you could try just searching for "gary larson" "far side" at Google Images and see what you come up with...
oh and about blogging? don't worry about "too often" or "too little" or choice of contents... just share what you want to and are comfortable with. I enjoy reading what you produce :-)
Yes, Far side is one of the few comics/cartoons that I truly love. I can sit and red and laugh out loud to myself. I especially remember one particular, it read: visit on granddad's alligator farm. The picture showed two elders and their family, all with limbs missing. Bad... But God that made me laugh.
I tried searching like you said, and I got a couple of pictures.
I really must buy books from amazon, I do! *lol*
I am glad you like my scribblings Lynne; I like yours too!!
Love Monsoon ;-)
hahahaha love the little picture.
also, what is your mailing address? i wanna make and mail you something!
HOLA!
this Vikar is cutting today. I seem to have bladder problems. I had a hysteretcomy 4 yrs ago and I hear it is somewhat common
The JOY of aging.
Funny: PS. bob.....
Your blogging is cathartic... a diary. I like it. I don't like to sit at my computer for too long cos I have a bad chair (can't afford a better one right now) and bad back so I just blog 2 or 3 X a week and post the art.
I like that geometry cartoon. What didn't I think of that is highschool :) ? perfect!
Hope you feel better!
PS do you get pecans in Norway?
hugs, NINA
Dear Martha: My e-mail is tamsin@online.no
Make me something? I am intrigued!
Nina: Hi lovely Nina! Sorry you have a bad chair, and bladder problems. Doesn't sound too nice, certainly not.
So my blogging is cathartic. Thanks... It works that way for me too you know. That is why I do it. Yes, Bob... What more can one say about that case, or dead end!?
As for pecans; hmm... I really don't know. Is it a nut? I tried to look it up but I could get no translation. I hardly think it is warm enough here to grow them, but we do eat them. (if it is the nut you're talking about.. and I guess it is as you were going to that ranch picking pecans... Just remembered that! *lol*)
Off to make dinner.
Lovey dovey to you both! You're so sweet!!
Monsoon
Post a Comment