Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Good day

I simply LOVE it when I get a certain type of letter in the mail. The kind I am talking about is the one with bright colours, glitter and perhaps even gold letters on it. My immediate thought is; Hmm, is this a letter from the glittering 80’s that got stuck in the mail for some reason? One can read on the envelope; Important! Highly personal! Must only be opened by Monsoon….. Then when I open it says that I have been chosen. Ooooh… I am, apparently, one of the 5 lucky Norwegians to receive a car worth 200 000 Nok. To receive it I only have to do this, sign here, and pay that… Yeah right! Like I would ever fall for that, you silly twats! It is not only the envelope that amuses me. No, it is the way they write your name about three billion times within the letter, to try to make you feel unique. Yes, I feel so so special, particularly since everybody I know, also got the same envelope. How stupid do they think I am?

More important, than silly letters, is the fact that I have been such a bloody good student today. Yes! I read one whole book called “The personal talk/conversation”. A very interesting book, that I am sure I will use in my job as a social worker. Plus I read more too. I am so glad I was able to concentrate again. My exam is in three weeks. Yikes! *drying “panic sweat” from forehead* But I think I will do all right. If I am able to write in an academically way, I think I will survive. I do not demand an A or even B, I am glad as long as I pass. (As it is the first one) I am not very good at writing like that, in fact I’ve never written an assignment or exam like that before.

My spirits are lifted, and I thank myself and I thank my “thing”. It looks like it is going to help me to like myself a little bit more. Well in the self worth section. I do have self-confidence, but it is the self-esteem I lack. In a great way, as it turns out. The man at my “thing” said to me: You are fat, useless, and nobody likes you. (to provoke a reaction) My immediate thought was to agree and think: “This is what I’m saying…” I do know that it is wrong of me to think like that, because many people like me, and I am not useless. Fat, yes, but that is now, and I am able to do something about it. I know when my self-esteem got ripped away. It was when I experienced those horrors at work. Yes, those were the days. Not! I am finished with that, but my sense of self worth is like nil. Luckily it is fixable, yea!

So there you go. I have had a good day. Malin was down here. Love her. I have known her since 1997, when she was 3, 5 years. After talking and playing "The SIms 2", we both went to my parents and ate a gorgeous dinner. We all eat together every Tuesday. I like that, it is nice! Malin lives with her dad Bjørn at Bryne, and every Tuesday my mum collects her at school. She is at my parents most of the time, but she comes down to me for 1,5 hours too.

This is Malin playing Sims. I had my old monitor, so it must be before August...



Hugs Monsoon :-)

- And to answer your question; yes Bob is still "here".

4 comments:

Eva said...

i just have to say that malin looks like her mother.
I know that this "thing" of yours will help you.. I love having you over, we don't have problems finding things to talk about you know!
Love you, feel free to come any day

eva

So long, farewell! said...

Glad your 'thing' is making you feel groovy - and glad too you have won $5,000,000,000,000,000 :o)

I get so addicted to SIMS I have to give myself breaks.

Sorry to hear about the rough times you had a work. I worked in a similar job and had some horrible experiences too - that which doth not kill us makes us stronger though!

love

Moxie
xxx

Monsoon said...

Eva: No we don't have problems finding things to talk about, even after 29 years as friends. Which is great. Yes, Malin looks quite a lot liker her mother. She is a sweetheart.Love you too

Moxie: Sorry to hear that you too had bad experiences at work. Horrible that anyone has to go through what I did. Glad you are in a much happier place now.

And yes, one day I will be able to look back and know that it made me stronger.

Sims, I have been totally hooked, but not so much now. It's more for Malin as she doesn't have a computer. I do play it once in a while though.

Love to you both - Monsoon

Anonymous said...

agreeeeeed.