Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A bit of news

Rectifying the impression of me as a desperate woman with no self confidence and self-worth. I read through the last posts and it paints a very sad picture of me, perhaps. It depends on whether you can see the sarcasm or not… But, I am not desperate, I am not afraid of ending up alone and I do have some confidence, and working on getting more of it.

NEWSFLASH!! Oh my God! Remember I told you about my ex-boyfriend, Søren, from Denmark. He phoned me 3-4 months ago, and that was the first time I talked to him after 13 years. He is going on 53… Well, just now the phone rang, and it was him again!! Shite! This time he was in Norway, 20 kilometres from here. He had been to my house at 7 o’clock this evening, but thanks be to God; I was at Eva’s!! Jaysis! He wanted to come to my house tomorrow, but I said no. I really didn’t feel like meeting him. Søren kept going on about how wonderful I was, how sexy I was, and how my personality seemed so much like before. (oh yeah I am hotter than the 12 o’clock train, aren’t I!?) It’s like I don’t care that he says these things, and frankly I don't believe him. It’s not the right person saying them, and so I don’t give a shite! I have to say that it sounded like he was up for some other catching up as well; namely sex… I am so not interested!!

I hate stuff like this: How come he rings me? I don’t mind staying in touch with him, he is a nice man, but it’s not his calls or e-mails I want. How come Bob couldn’t ring me? Because I would faint if he did… *lol* And also because he is married. (tiny detail there) But it would have been great, and helpful, to be able to really talk with him. Sit down together and just talk… Get things out of my over-crowded head, eh?!
One of life’s big ironies; it’s always the one you don’t “care about” that rings… right…

I got up at half past 5 this morning; in order to get to Uni in time. I guess you can say I have been immensely tired today. I almost nodded off several times during the last class today. But, luckily the teacher was fab. It was our first lecture with him. He was engaging and funny, and when he quoted The Who, I knew he was my kind of teacher. He quoted “See me, feel me”. It is excellent that this teacher seemed good, as ethics and “science philosophy” (don’t know the English word for it…) aren’t exactly the easiest subjects. It can be difficult to grasp, but I kinda like thinking like that…

Study day tomorrow, so then I will be reading about ethics. Maybe I will get up and work out too. I mean stranger things have occurred.

“Huggies” and all that – Monsoon *happy*

5 comments:

Eva said...

Okey! You know you allways can come to me. i mean tomorrow if he phones again... hehehe
Can i get that link to all those good pictures you have.. Loved that last one...
Talk to you later

Martha-Anne said...

:) it's good that you did what you wanted and didn't meet him.

Monsoon said...

Eva. Yes, it's a good thing I have you, eh!?

Martha: yes, I know! Why should I when I didn't want to?!

Anonymous said...

OI ! nOthing worse than an old boyfriend expecting to stay with you while they are travelling... its like seeing dirt that you swept under the rug and forgot about :) Its like an unresolved issue that lives to far away to bother with.
:)NINA

Monsoon said...

Nina:

No it is not like he wanted to stayhere. He is in Norway on a hunting trip (and by that I mean hunting for animals) he is staying with a friend of his nearby. But you see he phoned me 3-4 months ago, and we talked for 2,5 hours. Lovely chat! We agreed that we might meet up once, just for fun. He then told me about this hunting trip, and asked could we meet then, Perhaps I said. But now, I didn't want to.