Sunday, September 17, 2006

Football and visiting

I have been busy visiting and having a visit today.

I woke up early, in spite of falling asleep late due to my lovely neighbours. Then I went to my grandparents at Varhaug. I had to see how my newly operated granddad was doing. He had cancer on his tongue… Poor guy, his set of artificial teeth didn’t fit him anymore, for some odd reason. So no teeth, and an operated tongue, made it a bit difficult for him to speak, and for me to understand. He is very traumatized by the whole thing, so he looked depressed and weak. I didn’t like seeing that. I want him to be well and strong. But, you know he is soon 86 years old… He needs some radiation, but he refuses to go to Bergen to do it. He says it will kill him, as he can’t manage the trauma of the plane trip, the radiation itself + +. I think it is only fair that he gets to decide that. After all, it is his life, his body and his mind.

Then I went to Eva and had a good time there, and then just as I was leaving, Rønnaug rang and asked was I home. I said I was just on my way. She came by for a visit, and that was nice.

I have eaten dinner, and then I thought I would watch a football (soccer) match, as I didn’t get to see Inter’s match yesterday. A local Norwegian team called Viking is almost at the bottom of the “top series” here. Viking's "home base" is Stavanger, which is the city I go to Uni in. During this week they got a new coach, and so this was his debut. His name is Tom Nordlie, and he has a very distinct way of coaching, perhaps a bit controversial. But like always; I am fond of unconventionality. In my opinion he will have tons to contribute with on this team. So my dad and I were excited about this change of coach, and we were right to. Viking actually won, 3-1!! We yelled and cheered like crazy! Woo hoo! I hope this can be a turning point for them, which would be grand…So now I am sitting here writing and listening to music. I don’t have anything to say that you haven’t already heard close to a million times before…

I need to change… I really do. Feck it anyway!

*giggle* Found this funny, and how true... Eh!?...



Monsoon

No comments: