Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Must talk

I simply must talk about this. It has come to that. *lol*Especially after being out with my very good friend Vegar the other night. While we were out, Vegar stretched himself. Nothing odd about that, but as he stretched, his t-shirt slid out of his pants and revealed a mildly hairy stomach. I then said jokingly: Oooh how hot”. He nearly fainted with astonishment, and replied. “Well thanks, one of the few girls who actually like that? Not many left are there?” This had me in shock. Apparently he gets to hear it all the time that he should shave it all off. How sad!

We all know what the media says about what men and women supposedly want from one another. Meanwhile; what I really would like to know is: who are unveiling these untruths?
Who sits in an office deciding what we should and shouldn’t be turned on by?
I find that offensive.

Reading about stuff like this has me enraged, really… According to these so-called “no-it-alls”, women fancy men who dresses fashionably, wear stylish shoes, accessorize properly, style their hair, use styling products, have bodies like he-man, dye their hair if it is grey, are totally into home decorating, shave off most of their bodily hair, yes, to cut it short: we are all dying to be dating metro sexual men. They also state that women could never like a man who is bald. I wonder what kind of women they are talking to.

Well, what can a woman say? I don’t speak for all women, but I know I am speaking for many of my friends, and myself when I say a loud and resounding NO!

I just want a “simple” man

- One who dresses like he wants to, and doesn’t car about fashion
- one who doesn’t spend more time in the bathroom than me
- one who so not dyes his hair (I like grey hair, it is hot!)
- one who doesn’t style his hair too much, (I think it’s sissy like and creepy)
- one who has a totally normal body, without too much muscles showing (I might be weird, but I find six-packs quite vile)
- one who doesn’t shave off any hair. Please God! A man without hair on his body is totally woman to me. Yuk! Give me a break. Who wants a man like that? I think I would quiver if I had to touch one of those… I don’t need a Robin Williams, but I just don’t want one who shaves his legs, chest or his privates.

I do appreciate the fact that some females like their men metro sexual, but I am just stating my view.

My dad is a radio amateur and is very interested in science. He has tons of gadgets about this in his “radio room”, as we call it at home. It is merely a room full of his radio amateur equipment. A few days ago he showed me something really exciting on his computer. It was a live footage of astronauts working outside on the ISS. (International Space Station, you know the one that a lot of countries have contributed in building)
What a cool feature! I have watched them work on it a couple of times now, and I really like it. There are currently 3 humans on it. It is in fact the largest scientific project in history. If you are a geek, like me, take a trip to
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

Featured in here; lots of exhilarating stuff!

Well, I am talking to Vegar on Msn now, so bye bye...


Monsoon - diligent student -

5 comments:

Martha-Anne said...

Well said *claps* A man without hair on his body is repulsive. That little patch of hair from the belly button down is hot hot hot. Agreed. Thanks for posting your opinion on this.

Anonymous said...

I so agree. Unfortunately many women have other, and bad, tastes.

Linda

Anonymous said...

I agree with your hair-respect attitude, apart from one place; a man's back.The hair's quality is stiff and unattractive....stomach yes...chest....yes....sigh

Ingaroo said...

Mmmmmmm, grey hair...

Monsoon said...

Ingaroo clingfilm:

Yes, sigh.... Gotta love that now!