Monday, October 02, 2006

Do not go in there

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans…

I got a call today, from someone I had sent an inquiring e-mail to. This “business” is located in Stavanger, near where my old school was before they moved. This call ended with that I am going to do something very exciting, and scary, next week. Hopefully something that will have a profound effect on my lifestyle, my choices, and the way I should be + +. I do not want to share what it is. Not yet anyway. I am glad I am going to try it though, and I might share my experience later.

My head is so full, full of things I want to say, things I mean, things which are important to me, silly stuff, love, and more. I could easily sit in front of the computer and write all day long. Books, short-stories, poems, crappy writing and some good, but there’s just so much of it. I have a hard time sorting the bleedin thing out. I need like a filing system or something. I wish I could divide my brain and its thoughts into folders like on my hard drive. How convenient wouldn’t that be? I could reach in and take out any information required. *lol*
I am glad though, that my busy thoughts aren’t bad, it’s more like a creative chaos…

At times, I wish my brain would give it a rest, as I can’t sit here all day long and just write. I have an education to think about, and that is important to me! However as I read/study my brain wanders into the fabulous world of writing. Bad brain eh!
It’s a good thing that next week is study week. I am behind 50 pages. Not too bad I guess. But I can feel the panic creeping upon me… My first exam is on November 6th and the subject is “Introduction to social work”. Holy testicle Tuesday, help! (yes I know that that was a very immature saying, but I've used it for years for some reason, and I can't seem to shift ot off my tongue...)

At the age of 32 I have finally started my very own recipe book. I have gotten recipes from different friends and I wanted to have a book to write them in, and also from whom I got it.
I always wanted one, as my mum has kept one since I was a child, and I found it neat and cool. I feel very female and domestic… I think I am going to make a cake coming weekend. Hoist the flag, the woman is baking!! *giggle*

Well you know, if I have any plans to get a man I guess being able to compose a decent meal wouldn’t be totally wrong. I better get started! I had a lovely meal today, straight from a bag. hehe... I only had to fry the chicken and cook the rice. Ok, I do know how to cook some things, just not everything like. I am not very good with gravy of any sort, except the ones I can buy in a bag… But I am insanely willing to learn!

This was my dinner today, "Bali chicken casserolle" or something like that.


I guess two posts a day should do it, I simply must shut my hole now.

Monsoon, or Oeinao perhaps. (Oeinao stems from one time I tried to write piano in Elise's blog, and instead wrote oeinao. Yes, my fingers tend to go on faster than my brain eh!!? hehe ;-) )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously think I have to go to Norway and hit on you. I totally like the way you are, and the way you look too. So diverse, so full of life, zest, smart and funny as well. I must say. ;.))

And the one thing I really like is your ability to not take yourself so fucking seriously, like so many women do.

Cheers for women like you Monsoon

Tony

Anonymous said...

ohhh what a lovely comment above mine.

love the idea of the cookbook. let me know if i can contribute!

Eva said...

I have a recipe for you. My "eplepai"
Bunn
300g mel
200g margarin
100g melis
1/2 egg

1/2 glass noras eplesylt
1/2 boks vanilje krem

Perlesukker og kanel strøs på toppen

I know you love this pai
Eva

Monsoon said...

Anonymous/Tony: Thank you for your kind words. But believe me, I am no wonder woman. But I do dare to be myself, at all times! I do appreciate that you write this to me. It's nice of you.

Marty!? Hmm... Didn't realize that it was you... Yes, wasn't that a lovely comment. But do I deserve it!? Yes, feel free to send me recipes for good dishes!!

Eva: Thank you, I love that apple pie there.

Monsoon :-)

Monsoon said...

Bye the way Eva. You are talking to a baking illiterate here, me that is, so how do I make this exactly? How long in the oven, where in the oven, and on what degree? I need such information too you see. hehe... And most important, how do I make the top of the pie, or cover if you like? Do I need to use a rolling pin (kjevle) for that.

Hugs from the useless in the kitchen person ;-)