Thursday, October 12, 2006

Music music music

I’ve been playing around with my creative player today, a lot…

Other than that I’ve been out with Eva for a while, and I have studied, in spite of being so tired I could just die. But at 6 I had to cave; I went to my darling bed and slept for an hour. The pills I am taking make me zzzzleeepy...

As for my blog entry yesterday; I am not depressed, so don’t worry. Like I said I am just feeling a bit down. Why? Well because I am not doing what I am supposed to, and in that I disappoint myself. The disappointment results in me being sad, moody, and angry, just ask my mum… *lol*

Today has been a much better day, and that is thanks to music. I seriously doubt I could live one day without it. I found a U2 concert that I have a very bad tape recording of, and now I have downloaded it. It is the New Year’s concert at “The Point Depot” in Dublin in 1989/90. Such a fantastic concert that I find no adjectives that suffices to describe it. I remember I sat listening to it as a 15 year old, alone in my room in bewildered joy. Bono asked; “will you join me for a glass of wine?” Yes, yes, I shouted. *giggle”. We all thought U2 was history after that concert, so I cried some and then sang some. I was so down that I named my new diary U2. I used to have names on diaries you see. Yes, so every diary entry there started with “Dear U2”, hehe… So anyway, I am totally happy I found this, because now I can listen to it on my Mp3 player, with excellent sound.

I miss my handball playing days. (The kind of handball being played in the summer Olympics) I started to play at the tender age of 5, and loved it. At 10 I became the goalkeeper, and the first time I stood in that goal I knew I had found my place. I belonged there! Our squad was great too, always fighting over the two best positions in our county. One of my team mates, Monica Sandve, reached her goal, as she has been playing in the top series plus on the “all Norwegian team” too. I was very active, and I had serious plans as a handball player. I wanted to play for the national team. Life, on the other hand, didn’t want me to. At 14 my right hip was killing me, and they never found what was causing the pain. I had to stop playing at 19. It felt disastrous, and it was. Handball had been my life, and most of my friends were players too. I still have that hip problem, but I’ve learned to live with it.

Talking about old times made me think of me as a child. I used to make my own words, instead of using the real thing. The word for pantyhose/tights in Norwegian is strømpebukse. I couldn’t say that, so instead I said: ømp-amp-imp. Oh the resemblance, eh!? I was eager to talk though, and did that before I could walk. Gee shocking that is.

One time mum and dad had friends, and their kids, over at our house. I was 6 at the time, and we were watching children’s television. It was a show called “Our body”, and the topic was making babies. The man on the TV, showed a penis, and told us the deal. I saw this, and then I burst out with an astonished face; “Mummy, how does he get that flabby thing into that tiny hole?” I guess you can say mum was a tad embarrassed. I say she should have been used to it. I mean I was the one who told my unwilling friends that their mum used nappies/diapers once a month. My friends ran home bawling their eyes out, poor things.Yup, there you have it. (It was sanitary pads, not nappies, of course)

Enough chat about my early doings. I might write more of the sort a different day.

I am leaving today with a picture of HAPPY me eating a breakfast at a typical American diner, in a town called; Intercourse. The other girl on the pic is Møyfrid. Irene and I were visiting her as she lived in New York at the time, working at the Norwegian Seamen’s church. Two unbelievable weeks spent in USA!!

PICTURE ON THE POST ABOVE wouldn't work properly

Kiss kiss Monsoon

“Do I hear happiness in here!?” - Miss Hannigan in “Annie”.

Ps. I have been thinking a lot about Bob today, which probably comes to a surprise to you all. *lol*He just fits, gorgeous being that he is. Feck it anyway, I'm tellin' ya...

2 comments:

Eva said...

Tomorrow tomorrow I love you, Tomorrow, You only a day away...
i love that movie.
Well, i see here that you remember the nappies episode....
Don't tell anyone thats its me, Eva, how ran home crying

Eva

Monsoon said...

Dear!

Rest assured, for I will not reveal that it was you and your baby sister who ran home, crying from my terrible stories of nappy wearing mothers. *lol*

Sorry... I don't think I did it to be mean, I just assumed that you knew about that whole thing too... hehe... I was 6 or 7 then, and you were 5 or 6...

Monsoon *enjoying U2 concert*