Sunday, September 03, 2006

Pompeii and shoes

Oh the spelling mistakes one makes. Or let me rephrase that; oh the spelling mistakes I make… I was writing a comment in Elise’s blog and was going to write piano, instead I wrote oeinao. What is that? I do know that I have problems with some words in Norwegian for instance. Especially with words where the vocal comes as letter number two. If so, I write the vowel first somehow. Being ambidextrous I think leaves my brain completely confused, and to top it off; I write at a very high speed. Those two things don’t combine well apparently.
Other mistakes I make, in Norwegian, where I put the vowel first, are: emg-meg, ejg-jeg, edg-deg, ahr-har, abre-bare, ahdde-hadde and the list goes on and on. When I write in Word I have put these words into the auto correction, so that they are automatically corrected. For the record; I do know how to spell correctly. These mistakes only occur when I type.

So I guess you are all anxiously awaiting to hear the news on the shoe situation.
I am sad to have to announce that no shoes were found. Well there were shoes in there, but none that were suitable to me. I found one pair of Adidas runners, all black, but none in my size. Which I find weird as my size isn’t usually the one sold out first. I have a 37-37, 5 (UK: 4, 5-5. US: 6- 6, 5), depending on the shoe’s brand actually. I want shoes!!! Buggery bollix I am annoyed. I am sick and tired of only wearing runners too. I want some that look a bit more “dressy” and nice. Why is it so hard?

I watched a program on life in Pompeii today. It was destroyed, as you all probably know, during a catastrophic eruption of the volcano Vesuvius in AD 79. The volcano buried the city under many feet of ash and it was lost for 1,600 years before its accidental rediscovery. Its excavation has provided an extraordinarily detailed insight into the life of the city. So as you can imagine this program was really interesting. They had such an advanced lifestyle in some aspects. Uncanny when you know when this town had its height… Well, the Roman Empire as a whole was advanced in many ways. I really desperately need to go to Italy and see it for myself.
I must learn more about the Roman Empire. Intriguing stuff, really it is…
Street in Pompeii


I am off now, to study, continuing to read Neil Thompson’s book “Understanding Social work”. Quite interesting, but as I read I keep thinking to myself that the ideas, procedures and the things he writes about are all a given thing. To me. It’s like; yes of course, why would anyone think or act otherwise?! Ah well, it makes it easier to relate to that’s for sure.

I say bye bye with these words:


Write something to suit yourself and many people will like it; write something to suit everybody and scarcely anyone will care for it. - Jesse Stuart

Monsoon :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck in your shoe searcing
love you
eva

Anonymous said...

Sweetie....by VOCAL do you mean VOWEL?

My teaching life offers numerous stupid questions from my pupils!

1. Have you been drinking vodka, Irene (he is from Russia so he should know)

2. Irene, what's the colour of testicles....(the question-raiser thought they were fluorescent yellow, if you cut them open...)

I rest my case

Irony

Monsoon said...

Hehe!! What was I thinking, or not thinking as it turned out. Of course I mean vowel. *roaring laughing over own stupid mistake* I am terrible!

It is corrected.

Seems like you are being dramatically challanged by weird students my dear. *lol*

My thoughts are with you.

Monsoon